jk6672

These are the Mods I have so far:

FFT full Ti tube

FFT trigger package

FFT follwer

Kley-Zion Tri-Rail/14rd shotshell carrier

Mako pistol foregrip.

What I want to do next:

To me the original stock is too long and I think I'm going to attempt to mod a ATI raven stock instead of going with the Mesa Urbino (I live in Ca so the plan is to find the right position for me and make it permanent so I don't fall into the assault weapon category)

then find optics to use. I have no experience with optics, only iron sights.

For those who are using optics, what are you using? Aimpoint Micro T-1, EOTech 512?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod an ATI stock so it won't collapse? I'd personally rather have a OEM collapsible stock pinned where you want it. The ATI appears to be a boat anchor.

As for optics, I really like the Aimpoint T1 series on a LaRue low mount. You'll need a replacement top rail to effectively use it though. Currently I have five T1's. Three of which are 4moa units on Benelli M4's. I would rather have the newer 2moa units though. Two 2moa absolute cowitness units on my Ar15's.

I run a T1 on my m4. I use the AimPoint low mount, this along with the Benelli collapsible stock in the middle position is perfect for me. The 2MOA unit is preferable, but I am running a 4MOA, have the newer 2MOA on an AR.

The Benelli stock is far higher quality, comfort and ergos than the ATI. I would run a Urnbino before the collapsible ATI. I recently picked up a Urbino for $100, new in box.......need to try it out someday.

Thanks for the insight on the ATI. By anchor, you mean it's really heavy? How easy would it be to pin the OEM collapsible stock? Would it be better than the Mesa?

I have the Raven stock on my M4 and love it. The recoil pad and grip are awsome and I can shoot slugs and Buck all day with just a little rosette on my shoulder an no bruising.

I did not get the whole system. I just got the stock. I also have an AVA light mount and it was not useable with ATI's forearm. I got a FFT forearms stock instead.

There are a lot of people here who seem to hate them and everyone has opinions. Just giving you mine.

Edited by DSteagall

ATI didn't use the existing system designed by Benelli. It looks like they just used an AR15 buffer. There are so many unnecessary components in the ATI unit that makes it a "boat anchor".

Its pretty easy to pin, use an M1014 receiver extension or Drill and tap the push button.

Personally owned a Benelli factory one and saw no point in pinning it to shorten the LOP, just get the Mesa Tactical.

• 1 month later...
I used the OEM mount from AimPoint,......height is perfect for me. Co-witness is great on the middle stock position.

Do you get a full or partial co-witness with the ghost ring sights and Aimpoint T-1? I have the Larue mount with a Sidearmor rail and it is no where near a co-witness sight picture. I may have to ditch my current setup and try the OEM rail and mount; a co-witness with the ghost rings would be optimal. Would you post a few pictures? Thanks.

What mount is good for fully collapsed?

I like shooting the irons in the middle, but want to shoot fully collapsed too. With the Larue mount can you remove the T-1 easily? Heck who knows, maybe once I use a red dot I may not want to use iron again. :o)

how do you like that sling? I want a sling and have never used a sling that mounts at a sing point.

What mount is good for fully collapsed?

I like shooting the irons in the middle, but want to shoot fully collapsed too. With the Larue mount can you remove the T-1 easily? Heck who knows, maybe once I use a red dot I may not want to use iron again. :o)

how do you like that sling? I want a sling and have never used a sling that mounts at a sing point.

Fully collapsed is to short for me to shoulder. The Larue mount is quick to remove. I modified the grip core for the gg&g single point sling plate. http://forums.benelliusa.com/showthread.php/32577-Modified-C-Stock-Grip-for-GG-amp-G-Hook-Single-Point-Sling-Attachment I am using a Blue Force Gear SOC-C sling. It quickly converts from 1point to 2point to 3point. I use 1point for indoors and tight spaces, 3point if the weapon needs to stay in the ready position like when on guard duty, and 2point for all day comfortable carry. I recommend the AVA light mount, it is worth every penny.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2639[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking about having it slung in front of me for 18 hours during a 2 day shotgun class. If you do a couple of those, I guarantee you're gonna rethink your accessories.

Not everyone here is an 80 lb weakling. As others here have written, when the Zombies come, you wont be thinking so much about what it weighs! :D

I'm thinking about having it slung in front of me for 18 hours during a 2 day shotgun class. If you do a couple of those, I guarantee you're gonna rethink your accessories.

Try growing a pair, then maybe you wouldn't worry about getting exhausted carrying a shotgun around for 18 hours during a 2 day shotgun class.