M4 mods

jk6672

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inappropriate language and inflammatory statements will not be tolerated.

Hello Junior Member,

Please re read the Benelli USA FORUM POSTING ETIQUETTE. I have included it here:

Benelli USA hosts the forums for the use of consumers to talk amongst themselves about Benelli USA products in a constructive, safe and civil manner. If the tone of the posts on the forums are anything but constructive, safe and civil, the posts involved will be deleted and the forum members may in turn be banned.

We expect every member to adhere to the forum standards and be respectful. It would be unfortunate to lose you as a member.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Nelli Girl

Benelli USA

Moderator(s)......I am going to use the would "screw" here, but only in a constructive manner !

I have always championed modifying the least expensive or most easily replaceable part(s) first. In this instance,

those considering securing their collapsible stock in just one desired position would be able to do it without drilling and tapping the expensive collapsible stock part. Rather, drill and tap the Button with a set screw that is slightly shorter than the diameter of the button, in this manner the user can allow the set screw to be exposed thus prohibiting the movement of the Button thus securing the stock position as desired. However, when the user changes his taste on stock position, run the set screw in below the surface of the button......then it allows adjustment of the stock as usual. Just my 2 cents.

Screenshot2014-05-19at105456AM_zps647406f9.pngScreenshot2014-05-19at105510AM_zpsff1c42d1.png

No I have not done it, as I don't have a desire to fix my stock like you prefer. The large diameter part of the button where the set screw would be placed is solid, the spring recess does not traverse the full length of the shaft of the button. There are two "retaining" pins involved: the roll pin retains the button; the 5 mm solid pin engages lateral detents on the recoil tube to stabilize the stock from rotating laterally.

Screenshot2014-05-19at50741PM_zpsb4df7c51.png

Edited by benelliwerkes

Brando13357 .... this is an adult, respectful forum. There is no need for insults here please think before you post.

Inappropriate language and inflammatory statements will not be tolerated.

Hello Junior Member,

Please re read the Benelli USA FORUM POSTING ETIQUETTE. I have included it here:

Benelli USA hosts the forums for the use of consumers to talk amongst themselves about Benelli USA products in a constructive, safe and civil manner. If the tone of the posts on the forums are anything but constructive, safe and civil, the posts involved will be deleted and the forum members may in turn be banned.

We expect every member to adhere to the forum standards and be respectful. It would be unfortunate to lose you as a member.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Nelli Girl

Benelli USA

....Ok, It's a legitimate comment, I was trying to point out that if he had concerns regarding carrying the weight of a firearm within an 18 hour period then maybe his best course of action is to build some muscle and work on his endurance. If he's taking shotgun classes than he's obviously looking to better himself in regards to combat situations, now if he's concerned with the weight of his weapon then it's pretty safe to say he could benefit from my advice. I mean I thought we were all adults here, I don't know what adults do where you all live but where I come from we like to bust each other's balls once in awhile and not get butt hurt about it.

Thanks for the info. Believe me, I have no desire to have it fixed, but I have no desire to be in hot water for manufacturing an AW in California. One of the dumbest laws passed in Ca, I scatch my head when I think to myself what were these lawmakers thinking when they outlawed collapsible stocks on a semi auto shotgun. It's ok on pump, it's ok on Semi auto rifles. I wish they would reverse that one.

re-installed cheek rest.

14215481101_fe1318f502_b.jpg

looks good, mind weighing that in, no shells? Looks a bit heavy, so I'm curious before I really start to mod mine beyond the simple charging handle and release I currently have. And before someone else chimes in, I bench an easy 250 and have better than average endurance, still does not mean I want to carry heavy weapons around along with other gear should the need arise, so weight does play a roll in determining my mods. Thanks.

11.5lbs in current form, no shells.

14217330856_fe920f33ac_z.jpg

I put my Mesa push button sling mount and T-1 on today without Larue mount (in route). I can see the dot fine where I mounted it (not dialed in though). My field of vision is good with both eyes open, no tunnel vision at all. Curious at what yardage most start sighting in their red dot with slugs?

Edited by jk6672

Thanks. I qual @ 25 with iron sites and agency SG. We can take our personal firearms to the range, but we still need to qual with agency issued. I want to replace my charging handle on my M4. Are there any + or -'s with the FFT steel or Ti handle? I thought I read some neg's about the Ti some time ago, but can't locate the info again.

What foregrip do you have? I love that Surefire foregrip even though it adds quite a bit of wieght, but I'm fine handling the extra wieght.

The only thing I want to change now is the charging handle. I'm debating between the steel or Ti FFT handle.

I was starting to think I was crazy for adding a foregrip to my M4...it seems there are a lot more non-foregrip M4's than with, can't really figure out why that is exactly. Holding my hand vertical seems a lot more natural than horizontal

It places you further from the centerline of the bore and leads to less control.

So far I've gone with the following:

FFT Ti Charging Handle (.5" diameter - flat)

FFT Follower

FFT Trigger

FFT Disconnector

Geissele Hammer

TTI Extended Shell Carrier/Lifter

Benelli Collapsible Stock

Surefire Railed Foreend

Larue FUG

Larue Index Clips

Streamlight TLR-1HL

Sidearmor Short Rail + 6/8 Shot Saddle

Carriercomp 7rd tube/Wolff Spring

Just waiting for the Leupold Deltapoint 2 this summer and it should be done as far as I'm concerned

Nope, I had StrangerDanger (on the forums here) do it for me. He did a fantastic job and for a great price too. I did the rest of the mods, not terribly difficult, but the trigger work I was happy to leave to a pro.

I highly recommend that shell elevator/lifter from Taran Tactical too. I have not noticed a single fingernail pinching incident since that was swapped out.

Did mine recently having never done anything similar. Using SD's posts here and a video on the M2 linked here was quite straightforward.

I agree,........one just needs a proper set of snap ring plyers.

Very easy to change the parts, I highly recommend doing it yourself!

http://forums.benelliusa.com/showthread.php/32332-Benelli-M4-Complete-Trigger-Group-Assembly-Guide

I think anyone could do the more themselves with the appropriate tools. Knowing how to do something yourself is a valued asset. If something happens, you can address the issue yourself. I'll gladly assist anyone who doesn't feel up to the challenge though.