barrel clamp bending mag tube (pics)

kdenz

in the picture it doesn't look as bad but you can still tell a bit and it bothers me im OCD when it comes to this kinda stuff but its barely tightened when i moved it back farther but still bends i checked with a pencil width and no problems behind the barrel clamp but like an inch or two after the barrel clamp the pencil will get stuck[ATTACH=CONFIG]2593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2594[/ATTACH]

Scratches, marks, rubs = character, signs of life

It's a tool. Tools get marked up.

Look up Kim's Rhode's shotgun in the web sometime. It's a Perazzi. A PERAZZI! Looks like it's been kicked down a flight of stairs a few times and probably dropped of a jet plane's loading ramp onto the tarmac once or twice. It's even been stolen at least once. Still works. Just fine.

Edited by truckcop

Scratches, marks, rubs = character, signs of life

It's a tool. Tools get marked up.

Look up Kim's Rhode's shotgun in the web sometime. It's a Perazzi. A PERAZZI! Looks like it's been kicked down a flight of stairs a few times and probably dropped of a jet plane's loading ramp onto the tarmac once or twice. It's even been stolen at least once. Still works. Just fine.

Grimy! that shotgun has got some deep character!

is there any thing i can use to keep the barrel from scratching thats the only reason its there electrical tape?

If you feel you must use something, try To find helicopter tape. You can find it online and at aircraft supply depots. You mat pay also use a product commonly I pushed on bikes. Go to a bicycle shop and ask if they carry any "Crankskin" it is a polymer or vinyl tape that is abrasion resistant.

It seems odd to me that your OCD doesn't seem at all affected by that hideous drawer liner that, for some reason, you thought would be a good fit on your shotgun but you're bent out of shape (pun intended) because it's bending the mag tube.

That is questionable judgment.

Won't the wear marks (they are not 'scratches') on the mag tube be hidden by the clamp anyway?

Get the 3m tape. It's very thin and will prevent this issue. And don't tell anyone about that abomination with the drawer liner.