Let go backwards on the M4

Vertigofirearms

I propose that the champs whom are not interested in the collapsible stocks switch out their receiver extensions for the lighter aluminium ones! Seriously, the weight savings may be worth it!

I had tons of the collapsible stocks and never knew why I bought them other than looking cool; I did not find them comfortable. Got rid of them, so why not dispose of the steel collapsing tube with it?

My next M4s will be getting the light weight treatment with the field stocks paired with Mr Kips Tubes. Also tossing out the pictanny rail:p

Just thinking out the box.... VF

It would be nice if Benelli would start offering a field stock with a shorter length of pull; until then, I will stick with the C-stock on the ,a little to short, middle setting. Does anyone have any experience with Modifying the LOP on Benelli Stocks? I have always heard the shortening the LOP effects the set comb level of the stock?

It would be nice if Benelli would start offering a field stock with a shorter length of pull; until then, I will stick with the C-stock on the ,a little to short, middle setting. Does anyone have any experience with Modifying the LOP on Benelli Stocks? I have always heard the shortening the LOP effects the set comb level of the stock?

I did this one several years back. Filled the hollow part with marinetex. It still works great.

IMG_1471.jpg

I also messed around with this on my M4 for a while. It's not "quick change" like the factory stocks, but it was pretty comfortable. Still have it kicking around somewhere as well.

IMG_1080.jpg

Long time return eh?;)

Pretty cool projects! How do you like that trigger void?

I recent started playing with the M4 again. Installed a GG&G carrier release today, along with a sidearmor rail and side saddle (really liking that, but have to shoot it some to make final judgement). Still waiting for my FFT mag tube (would have gone with kip's tube, if I could have gotten one).

Honestly, I never even noticed the gap between the trigger guard, and pistol grip, when I was shooting it. As of tonight, it's back in the field stock, but I'll be keeping the factory C Stock, just because. May look into a Urbano at some point.

I did this one several years back. Filled the hollow part with marinetex. It still works great.

IMG_1471.jpg

I also messed around with this on my M4 for a while. It's not "quick change" like the factory stocks, but it was pretty comfortable. Still have it kicking around somewhere as well.

IMG_1080.jpg

Excellent work nimslow; the stocks are very cleanly cut. I am going to buy some marinetex and give it a try. What type of saw did you use for cutting?

Excellent work nimslow; the stocks are very cleanly cut. I am going to buy some marinetex and give it a try. What type of saw did you use for cutting?

The Speedfeed isn't cut, it's a "tactical" stock for the M1S90. I had to open up the inside, as the recoil spring tube on the M4 is bigger than the one on the M1. I used a cheap brake cylinder hone, wrapped in sand paper, and an electric drill. You have to use a metric bolt, and washers to mount it, since it's not set up for the M4 quick change.

To cut the field stock, I used an electric miter saw, with a blade for laminates.