R1 - .308 Wood?

usagent14

Interesting decision....I always felt that short action was more reliable in a semi-auto. Hence the choice to go .308. It's been, for a semi-auto, a good gun. No failures, reasonable accuracy and very sharp looking. I have managed to get sub moa at 100 yds with Winchester Fail Ssafe's in 150 gr. Unfortunately that ammo is no longer available. I do have enough to keep me going though, then it will be back to the drawing board as my results with other ammo I tested was much like a lot of others, in the 2-3" range. But in the last ten years new stuff has come out, and I am hopeful to stay within 2". That is sufficient for the northeast.

Thanks for the info.

If you are in the market for new ammo, in my .30-06, I would say the Hornady Interlock shoot the best in 165 grain. For some reason, the polymer tipped SST's and similar aren't as accurate in my rifle. For hunting, I shoot fusions. They are also very accurate and probably the best priced ammo for the quality on the market. I prefer a good, tough bonded bullet for deer and hogs as opposed to some of the newer designed bullets with polymer tips. All shots tend to be within 200 yards, most within 100 yards.