WTS: Benelli M4 H2O 11711 - new in box

glen_e

You obviously don't understand the collector market. Benelli only sold 60-100 of this 11711 H20 unit before the BATFE recended their approval and made them switch to a fixed stock and 5 round tube. Collectors have paid as much as $6k for this shotgun soon after the BATFE steeped in. $3,100 for a brand new unit with all of the factory accessories and box is a bargain, even if you shoot it. The current model 11718 with fixed stock and 5 round tube is selling for $2,300 to $2,500.00.

I guess if you're into collecting, sure. Anything can be worth anything, then.

I don't think anyone ever stated his listing was a scam.

What I got out of it was the use of pictures, other than of the actual Benelli, would bring doubt to the validity of the listing.

Sure wish I had the extra cash,.......I would pay the premium for the H20 model.

Why? The NP3 caused tolerance issues, and rust has never been a problem on a properly maintained M4, and you can "build" an H2O feature equipped model legally for about the same MSRP as the H2O, minus the problematic coating.

At $3100, it's not a scam, but gouging.

Yup, if ya'll did not know, Benelli now has the M4 H2os available again with the aluminium stock and 18 inch magazine tubes, they look exactly like 2012 H2O's including the box.

These are suppose to be only available for law enforcement:rolleyes: for $2,699 USD.

Yup, if ya'll did not know, Benelli now has the M4 H2os available again with the aluminium stock and 18 inch magazine tubes, they look exactly like 2012 H2O's including the box.

These are suppose to be only available for law enforcement:rolleyes: for $2,699 USD.

When the USMC changes over to the H20 coating, I'll embrace it. I still remember the BCG PiP project for the M4 carbine (5.56) that was cancelled months early because the old mil-spec phosphate BCG outperformed all the other whiz-bang offerings, special coatings and all.

Hydrogen embrittlement is indeed a possibility, I believe, as well as tolerance stacking and other quirks. Remember the function-issues from 2012? I recall a few posts directly linked to the coating.

Why? The NP3 caused tolerance issues, and rust has never been a problem on a properly maintained M4, and you can "build" an H2O feature equipped model legally for about the same MSRP as the H2O, minus the problematic coating.

Tolerance problems? In all of my years having Robar (I'm a dealer for them), I've never had one complete after a customers firearm was coated with one of their finishes. What are the tolerance problems you are referring to? Where did you get your information? I'm curious to hear the details of this supposed problem.

I don't think anyone ever stated his listing was a scam.

What I got out of it was the use of pictures, other than of the actual Benelli, would bring doubt to the validity of the listing.

Sure wish I had the extra cash,.......I would pay the premium for the H20 model.

Nobody did say outright that it was a scam. I just found this thread while researching and he was a very nice guy when I met him so I figured I would let people know. I happened to live close enough to go see it in person and the majority of people who read this can't do that.

Did I need this? No. Did I want it? Yes. I know I could have built a look-alike for cheaper. I know I could have got the new LE only one. Sometimes people just want something specific.

Tolerance problems? In all of my years having Robar (I'm a dealer for them), I've never had one complete after a customers firearm was coated with one of their finishes. What are the tolerance problems you are referring to? Where did you get your information? I'm curious to hear the details of this supposed problem.

The thread I was referencing was deleted. I found a link to it and was given "404" error. The consensus seems to be that it was a very small issue, though, from what I recall.