Joe Tacticool discovers Benelli M4, installs ATI kit

Sukhoi_fan

I don't like the M4 build out in the video. No sir.

However, I am pretty certain Instructor Zero is the real deal. Former Italian SF.

I suppose that could be misinformation, but it seems that way to me. Either way, I don't want to get into a gun fight with him, that's for sure.

Edited by AVATactical.com

I don't like the M4 build out in the video. No sir.

However, I am pretty certain Instructor Zero is the real deal. Former Italian SF.

I suppose that could be misinformation, but it seems that way to me. Either way, I don't want to get into a gun fight with him, that's for sure.

was as thinking the same, average Joe ok. Him, please no. I'm just a family man with a few guns as a hobby and HD, he appears to be the real deal. And if his M4 build suits his 'style' then I'm not one to tell him otherwise. I need my front teeth. :)

He's always in such a hurry to re-holster, which I don't get.

Is he practicing gun games or training tactical shooting? I'm all for speed shooting and using the timer but what's the rush to put your gun away? Aside from all that: he can shoot.

He does some 'tactical' rolls in another video that are good for a laugh. That's a non-starter in my book.

One thing I had not seen was lifting the jacket from behind instead of sweeping it with the gun hand. I actually liked this for a heavy garment. It's not perfect because you have to shoot one handed but if you practice it I could see it being effective.

He's always in such a hurry to re-holster, which I don't get.

Is he practicing gun games or training tactical shooting? I'm all for speed shooting and using the timer but what's the rush to put your gun away? Aside from all that: he can shoot.

He does some 'tactical' rolls in another video that are good for a laugh. That's a non-starter in my book.

One thing I had not seen was lifting the jacket from behind instead of sweeping it with the gun hand. I actually liked this for a heavy garment. It's not perfect because you have to shoot one handed but if you practice it I could see it being effective.

Everything else aside, more and more instructors that have been vetted (Kyle Lamb, etc.) are teaching strong and support-side handgun use as a staple. The last VTAC course I attended, 50 yard hits on an IPSC steel target were expected on-demand using either your strong or support side 1-handed with a pistol. With the M4, at any distance (we stretched out to 160m, IIRC).

What if your right/left hand are injured? I personally know an officer who belongs to a department that had this happen to a veteran officer. He was shot in his right hand while engaging a suspect with his own weapon. He took cover behind his cruiser and the suspect came around his cover and (with no resistance/gunfire returned by the officer) shot the officer at point-blank range. Had the officer simply shot using his support-hand only, and been proficient, this would have quite likely never occurred.

If you are training using only a perfect stance, then you are training for an optimal situation that you are hoping occurs during a non-optimal event. SouthNarc's AMIS course underscored how "stance" is the first thing to need compromise/modification during a real-world event. You CANNOT clear a structure optimally using your perfect stance. You must lean, 1-hand, etc. So if your only training is a perfect 2-handed stance...