New Benellli M4 Failure to Feed and Eject

Lieb

I agree with Unobtanium. Benelli will fix the problem. The Benelli CS rep said that Fiocchi 00 Buckshot is not causing the problem and encouraged me to ship it to Benelli as soon as I received the return label so that they could fix it and return it to me ASAP.

I agree with Unobtanium. Benelli will fix the problem. The Benelli CS rep said that Fiocchi 00 Buckshot is not causing the problem and encouraged me to ship it to Benelli as soon as I received the return label so that they could fix it and return it to me ASAP.

Ask for a failure analysis. Call and ask for it. Very curious.

Neve stated that they would not fix the problem. These M4s are widely known for needing a few hundred rounds fired for break in. Would suck to see it fail with the Fiocchi when you get it back.

Neve stated that they would not fix the problem. These M4s are widely known for needing a few hundred rounds fired for break in. Would suck to see it fail with the Fiocchi when you get it back.

I've owned 5. None needed anything but ammo. I was firing 2.75 dram 1145fps target loads out of several of mine on round 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Got my M4 back from Benelli this afternoon, two weeks to the day from when I shipped it to them. What great service! I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I'll report back after I shoot it.

Finally got out to the range. Shot Federal, Remington, and Winchester 00 1325 fps Buckshot with no feed or eject problems. Shot Fiocchi 00 Buckshot and had failure to feed and eject. It improved slightly. Rather than every third round having a problem, it occurred after every 5th round. Not going to buy anymore Fiocchi.

Benelli checked out my M4 and completely serviced it. They shot Federal, Remington, and Winchester 00 Buckshot with no problems. They said the gun had no mechanical problems.

I think you guys were correct. Fiocchi ammo was the problem.

Finally got out to the range. Shot Federal, Remington, and Winchester 00 1325 fps Buckshot with no feed or eject problems. Shot Fiocchi 00 Buckshot and had failure to feed and eject. It improved slightly. Rather than every third round having a problem, it occurred after every 5th round. Not going to buy anymore Fiocchi.

Benelli checked out my M4 and completely serviced it. They shot Federal, Remington, and Winchester 00 Buckshot with no problems. They said the gun had no mechanical problems.

I think you guys were correct. Fiocchi ammo was the problem.

I

Told

You

So

I bet it even cycles weak clay loads like ALL of my (about a half dozen) M4's have. Right out of the box my last M4, I fed it 2.75 dram 1-1/8oz Remington STS Light clay loads. It ran like a sewing machine.

But, hey, you came back and owned it, props on you! Now go enjoy that wrecking machine!

I

Told

You

So

I bet it even cycles weak clay loads like ALL of my (about a half dozen) M4's have. Right out of the box my last M4, I fed it 2.75 dram 1-1/8oz Remington STS Light clay loads. It ran like a sewing machine.

But, hey, you came back and owned it, props on you! Now go enjoy that wrecking machine!

That's cold......

OP,......gods to hear you got it sorted out.

That's cold......

OP,......gods to hear you got it sorted out.

I know, but I told OP exactly how to diagnose and fix the problem because OP posted the topic on a public forum before sending the shotgun to Benelli. I thought OP wanted help/advise and mine was pretty cheap/easy to follow.

Took my new Benelli M4 for a shoot at the range last week. Shot about 30 rounds of Fiocchi 00 2 3/4" Buckshot regular load through it. I was quite disappointed. After every two rounds it would fail to feed and about half as often it would fail to eject.

When I got home I stripped it down and did a thorough cleaning and light oiling. Then I returned to the range the next day to try it again. I had the same problem. Does anyone have suggestions as to why this is happening and what I should do to correct the problem. In it's current condition I could not count on it in a self defense situation.

I've owned half a dozen of these shotguns and have several years experience with them, and offered sound advice as well as anyone could over the internet, in response to OP begging help. OP ignored me and cost themselves a half month or so of wait time, etc. THAT seemed a bit cold to me. No hard feelings toward OP and glad he got his M4 working, but yes, he had to eat crow for one (now two) posts of mine in exchange for asking for help and pointedly ignoring it. Tit tat.

I know, but I told OP exactly how to diagnose and fix the problem because OP posted the topic on a public forum before sending the shotgun to Benelli. I thought OP wanted help/advise and mine was pretty cheap/easy to follow.

I've owned half a dozen of these shotguns and have several years experience with them, and offered sound advice as well as anyone could over the internet, in response to OP begging help. OP ignored me and cost themselves a half month or so of wait time, etc. THAT seemed a bit cold to me. No hard feelings toward OP and glad he got his M4 working, but yes, he had to eat crow for one (now two) posts of mine in exchange for asking for help and pointedly ignoring it. Tit tat.

That's ok guys. I really appreciate your feedback. The only reason I sent it to Benelli was that the customer service rep insisted that something must be wrong and strongly encouraged me to send it to Benelli. No cost to me, but a couple of weeks w/o my M4. I was out of town anyway so no lost shooting time.

You guys were right on so after feedback from you and Benelli I know that I've got a great product with no problems. Thanks for your help.

That's ok guys. I really appreciate your feedback. The only reason I sent it to Benelli was that the customer service rep insisted that something must be wrong and strongly encouraged me to send it to Benelli. No cost to me, but a couple of weeks w/o my M4. I was out of town anyway so no lost shooting time.

You guys were right on so after feedback from you and Benelli I know that I've got a great product with no problems. Thanks for your help.

No stress. I've just very very very rarely seen or read or heard of a true issue with a properly run and fed benelli m4 after the 4 port barrels went away. Some run lighter loads than others, but buckshot not running? So, I follow failures or reported failures I find very closely.