sbe II ejection problems.

SPRIGS

The other day my sbe II hung up after the first shot. Shell was a 3 inch estate high velocity #2. The bolt traveled to the rear but the shell was hung up in the chamber. Took the gun home, cleaned it well, lightly lubed with FP-10. Next hunt and it did it again after the second shot. This time I was shooting 3 inch hevi steel #2's. First shell cycled fine but on the second, the bolt traveled to the rear but did not eject the shell. Any ideas? Maybe the shells? Just hope the problem doesn't continue. I have shot approximately 3.5 boxes of heavy loads through it without any problems prior to the above incidents.

I was using 3" Estates and the second time 3" Hevi-Steel. Pretty sure the gun was against my shoulder as the second shell hung up the second time it happened. Wouldn't think it would have ejected the first shell and fired the second if that was the problem. Thanks for the ideas. I have heard that some guys have been having some problems with the Hevi-Steel ejecting. Don't know if it is because they don't crimp the shell or what. Hopefully it was just a couple of shells my gun didn't like. Think I'll be sticking to the Faststeel. Haven't had any problems so far with either 3" or 3.5" Faststeel.