Nova stock

maestro

Hello all, I have taken a look through the forum and seen that this question has been asked before, but I don't know if it was truly answered. As Paolo asked, is it possible to shorten a synthetic stock? Unlike the other situation, I only need 3/4 to 1 max taken off. I see that the nova is now offered with a short stock, but that is of little consolation as I already own mine. Any suggestions at all?

Originally posted by maestro:

Hello all, I have taken a look through the forum and seen that this question has been asked before, but I don't know if it was truly answered. As Paolo asked, is it possible to shorten a synthetic stock? Unlike the other situation, I only need 3/4 to 1 max taken off. I see that the nova is now offered with a short stock, but that is of little consolation as I already own mine. Any suggestions at all?

Yes, it can be done. I did it to a Mossberg 590. A friend of mine with a band saw chopped an ince of the end and I put a new recoil pad on after. You have to shape the recoil pad as it will be larger than the butt of the gun but is an easy job with a grinder.

Evan