Hi All, Newbie Here

btb601

Just picked up an M4 last week. I tried to stay away by buying a Rem 870, then a Moss 930. I guess I have some gifts for my sons.

Want to ask a question on the Trijicon RMRs. I've decided to go this route with the shorter riser and have read that the larger MOA dot is better. Specially when it's 2 am and you don't have your glasses on you sleepy eyes to counter a intruder. But the thing is, I want to shoot slugs now and then and I want to be able to see the target.

I'm thinking the 3 MOA. But I really doubt that I will be able to see that with no glasses on, then again, who knows.

Any feed back on this?

Thanks I'm sure I'll have more questions. Undecided if I'm going to do any upgrades. I believe I'll know more when I get some shooting time with it.

Get the smaller dot. There is no way you are not going to see it just because you are sleepy and a larger dot cure this. Crank up a 3 MOA dot and it will bloom to 6+ MOA easily. I promise you won't somehow miss it.

This.

Additionally what if you move this to a rifle or a pistol? For me a smaller dot would be advantageous in this case...also better resale value.

Get the smaller dot. There is no way you are not going to see it just because you are sleepy and a larger dot cure this. Crank up a 3 MOA dot and it will bloom to 6+ MOA easily. I promise you won't somehow miss it.
+1 Great advice. I was wrestling with this question myself and you pretty much nailed it ;-)

Hi, Newbie here, I received a Benelli M3 Super 90 and finally put it to some use.

Initially i was having trouble with the Gun in Semi-Auto mode, so stuck to Pump Action, which is hard to use during a quick shoot for Quail.

I think breaking in is a must for these guns. Hoping it would fire well after the 1st shoot and cleaning.

So cleaned and reassembled, now stuck with a new disaster, please guide me as to which topic in the Forum i can post this issue for assistance. Thanks

Thanks for the input. I was thinking on the smaller dot myself. Everything mention is true. Better resale, move to a handgun. And you would have to be blind not to see the dot at night when turned up. Now to pony up the dollars and get it done. I bought some Remington Express 12G 2-3/4" 00 Buckshot 9 pellets Case of 250 and paid 149.50. I should have bought two. Now I need to clean the weapon before I take it out.

I think it was last week when I seen the titanium tube being offered at Carriercomp. I had to think about it and do some research to what was all involved for 922r compliance. So next day, it was off his site.

Why is this tube favored over one at Freedoms?

From what I have seen so far, thicker tube with a longer wait time for it.

And I get bumped off here and have to sign in again.......a lot.

I looked in settings and did not see anything. Any way to stay logged in longer?

Edited by btb601
grammer