M2 trigger for Turkey Hunting

tngunlvr

I am considering buying an M2 for Turkey hunting. Can anyone tell me the approximate weight of the trigger pull? I ahve a Mossberg now and it has a &.5 lb trigger which makes shooting accurately a challenge. Is the receiver drilled and tapped for scope mounting?

Benellis do not have crisp & light triggers. I'm sure someone can tell you the exact #.

That being said, I've never had any trouble with any Benelli I've used for turks. Squeeze, don't jerk.

I think the M2 is supposed to be d & t for 2006, but I bet that there are many 2005 models out there that are not, so inspect carefully before you buy. I'm sure you can bring in your own snap cap and test the trigger.

Or you could just buy one sight unseen and then post up here and blame Benelli for ripping you off by charging $1500 for a gun that you don't like smile.gif

mudhen - CA

Like most production guns, benelli has a

heavy pull on the trigger. The gun I use had a

tremendous amount of trigger creep as well.

dont remember the specs but 6-7 lbs sounds

about right. I sent my trigger assembly to

Alan Timney [(562) 865-0181] who does excellent and dependable

work eliminating the creep and setting the pull

to something more reasonable. A neat , crisp

trigger is pretty important whether you are

precision shooting a turkey or shooting birds on the wing.

HH

[ 05-15-2006, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: HH ]

mudhen is one arrogant individual with this kind of attitude

".....Or you could just buy one sight unseen and then post up here and blame Benelli for ripping you off by charging $1500 for a gun that you don't like "

do like HH says and be open to the idea of

doing some trigger work. I've done the same thing and it isn't too expensive. Production guns are set heavy for liability purposes , not necessarily good shooting. Just be sure to send it to a competent and dependable gunsmith.

Wouldnt let just anybody do this work.

ARCHER

[ 05-15-2006, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: ARCHER ]

Originally posted by ARCHER:

mudhen is one arrogant individual with this kind of attitude

".....Or you could just buy one sight unseen and then post up here and blame Benelli for ripping you off by charging $1500 for a gun that you don't like "

do like HH says and be open to the idea of

doing some trigger work. I've done the same thing and it isn't too expensive. Production guns are set heavy for liability purposes , not necessarily good shooting. Just be sure to send it to a competent and dependable gunsmith.

Wouldnt let just anybody do this work.

ARCHER [/quote

I used the smile.gif - what more do you want :confused:

Now take your five worthless posts and run home to your sister/wife smile.gif ...

mudhen - CA

I wouldn't really call that arrogance.

It's more scathing sarcasm.

At least that's my read.

Arrogance would be more along the lines of some noob coming in and calling long-time members names when they really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

;) smile.gif :D tongue.gif

"...Now take your five worthless posts and run home to your sister/wife ..."

dont talk about my wife ......... and you know what? if we git a divorse here in Tennessee, we still "legally" considered to be brother and sister.

ARCH

dont fret Archie, mudhen has insulted more than one on this forum. ... has to pretend his importance, I imagine.

You just keep on with that marital bliss. post pics of your children if you can.

HH

Originally posted by mudhen:

Now take your five worthless posts and run home to your sister/wife smile.gif ...

mudhen - CA

780 measly posts, mudhen? ;) Heck, I've got well over 10,000 posts on AR15.com. :D

[ 05-16-2006, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: M4Madness ]

Originally posted by M4Madness:

quote:
Originally posted by mudhen:

mudhen - CA

780 measly posts, mudhen? ;) Heck, I've got well over 10,000 posts on AR15.com. :D Yeah, but just how much can be discussed about Benellis? They have not changed the gun much in almost 20 years :confused:

Nothing when compared to the fascinating AR15 smile.gif

Like; What shade of black is your AR15? Mine is real black. Oh yeah, well mine is blacker :D

Or mesmerizing posts about the cost of .223 FMJ. The price went up to $5 per 10,000 rounds. Oh my, how will I afford those whacky Idaho weekend shoots :confused:

:D

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by P. Steve Morgan:

Mudhen,

Gamaliel Shooing Supply has camo M-2's for $1050, not $1500. ****, I'm a noob and have already corrected you. tongue.gif

Take that!

tngunlvr,

The M-2 is not drilled and tapped for scope. SBE-II is. But, why do you need a scope? Deer hunting with slugs?

Oh puleeze, don't even bother...

Fist off, I don't even know who the frick Gamlelakjslkelsiss is. I do know they don't have a store in Sacramento.

Secundtly, 2006 M2 Steadygrips come drilled & tapped, so technically a 2006 M2 comes drilled and tapped.

Turdly, a 2006 M2 camo is $1295 in my area (full MSRP), $1295 + tax = $1396, + $35 DROS = $1431.39, close enough to $1500 for me! A camo M2 SteadyGrip is $1335 + tax = $1438.46 + $35 DROS = $1473.46, even closer to $1500! Add in gas at $3.27 a gallon, and I am just about there.

Dang I am good...

And, last butt not beast, optics are great for turkeys for some folks. I don't use them for turks, but I think many do and should be able to if they want.

Come back when you are better prepared smile.gif

mudhen - CA