shim question

tangy003

OK here is a question for someone(i hope).I have a benelli super sport and took the stock off for cleaning.There is a nut ,lock washer and a plate with letters on it.My question is which way does the plate go back in(no i didn't pay attention taking it out) for a factory type setting?I hadn't realized that it could go several different ways.(I do now) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

It needs to be paired up with the drop/cast shims between the stock and the receiver. Take the stock off and any drop/cast shims should be identified with letters. From the Benelli Super Sport Manual:

Matching instructions: the drop change

kits are identified by letters. To ensure a

correct drop always match locking plates

and shims that have the same letters, e.g.

C - CDX - DX or C - CSX - SX.

DX = Right hand

SX = Left hand

If you have the manual, there's a complete explanation including charts on how to pair up the shims and locking plates. If you don't have the manual, you can download it off Benelli's website.