7 shot tube choices- Kip, Joe, OEM?

SFBayArea

So in the tube world it seems that Kip is ruling in the titanium tubes and Joe in the steel tubes. Both are top notch based on the user experience.

Question, if you had a good deal on the brand new OEM Benelli 7 rounds tube ($135) what would you do (I picked on up from ebay, which I can return if needed)? How would you compare OEM to Kip and Joe's work? Also, how can you tell that it is OEM Benelli and not some knock off?

So in the tube world it seems that Kip is ruling in the titanium tubes and Joe in the steel tubes. Both are top notch based on the user experience.

Question, if you had a good deal on the brand new OEM Benelli 7 rounds tube ($135) what would you do (I picked on up from ebay, which I can return if needed)? How would you compare OEM to Kip and Joe's work? Also, how can you tell that it is OEM Benelli and not some knock off?

Actually, this man is the current ruler of the "tube world"

Ron-Jeremy-Oscar-453.jpg

However, as far as magazines for the M4/M1014, I would say that Kip and Joe are about equal for machining/tolerances. OEM is a distant 3rd. The main difference between Kip and Joe's product is material. Ti alloy, or 4140. I personally prefer the Ti alloy, because it is nearly corrosion proof, and lighter. Some people prefer the 4140 because it is stronger. I feel that Ti is strong enough, especially Kip's most recent (last 1-2 years or so) runs.

So, when it comes to SOCOMGuy vs. Carriercomp magaziness, material is what I would use to decide. Both are well made and well supported.

The validity of the magazine being OEM is based solely on the supplier. One way to check is by comparing threads to your take-off, but this can of course be copied.

I've got a $75.00 Dave's Metal Works tube on my 10 shot M4 as well as his bolt release and have been VERY happy with the fit and performance of both.

I can blow off ammo just as fast with my DMW tube as someone else can with a CC tube and I'll be doing it with with around 200 rounds of ammo that were essentially paid for with my savings.

I have never had a single issue with my tube or bolt release.

I've got a $75.00 Dave's Metal Works tube on my 10 shot M4 as well as his bolt release and have been VERY happy with the fit and performance of both.

I can blow off ammo just as fast with my DMW tube as someone else can with a CC tube and I'll be doing it with with around 200 rounds of ammo that were essentially paid for with my savings.

I have never had a single issue with my tube or bolt release.

My friend has a Mossberg 930SPX and he can blow off ammo just as well as you can with your Benelli. For hundreds less!

*similar logic*

The DMW tube is functional, yes.

My friend has a Mossberg 930SPX and he can blow off ammo just as well as you can with your Benelli. For hundreds less!

*similar logic*

The DMW tube is functional, yes.

You "pitch" the stuff you swear by and I'll do the same. This is a "forum". I didn't insult anyone's work. I simply stated my logic and my happiness with a product.

And I'm guessing your buddy with the 930SPX can blow off ammo just as well as you can also since I don't believe there would be ANY difference in the performance of ANY M4 based solely on the differences between a CC tube and a DMW tube unless you have some kind of evidence to the contrary which I would be happy to review.

unless you have some kind of evidence to the contrary

The tube I have from Dave is crooked. Or something. We've discussed this before. The tube binds the barrel nut making disassembly a real pain. Otherwise works OK. I'll stick with Kips Ti tube.

And don't even get me started on a 930 smiley-sick017.gif

If your into OEM original Benelli parts go original, but if you don't mind after market go for Kips.

For some, "don't mind after market" might not be the issue... for 922r considerations my tubes are marked "USA" I would guess that Kips are as well.

Joe