Salient Arms Int. / Taran Tactical Benelli Modifications

Tom-Gun

Hi guys,

is it reallly worth paying extra $.$$$ for making mods on the Benelli shotgun in SAI or TTI company?

They offer:

- Custom Bolt Carrier

- Trigger Job, 3lbs taken off factory trigger

- Receiver loading port has been machined and polished for faster reloading, includes reload cut on the receiver to help keep the rounds centered for more accurate reloads

- Extractor and Barrel modifications to prevent jams

- TTI Custom Lifter/Shell Carrier

- Tune and polish shell catch

- Tune and polish carrier latch

- Taran Signature tube and barrel point of impact correction

- Forearm stippling

- Straight Stock Stippling

- Recoil Pad modified (eliminates snagging on clothing)

- Cheek pad for a comfortable cheek weld on Pistol Grip stock

- TTI Ultimate Safety

- TTI Oversized Bolt Release

- TTI Springs Package to enhance reliability with low recoil loads

- Nordic Extended magazine tube, clamp, and tuned spring, 7rd, 8rd, 9rd, or 10rd tubes

- TTI Ultimate Charging Handle

- Hi Viz fiber Optic, RED or GREEN front sight

- Test Firing with bird shot and slugs

- Gel recoil pad replace the rock-hard rubber factory pad

- Nordic Components Picatinny rail

- Benelli light-modified Crio (Plus) Choke

- Noveske QD-Sling Plate ( For Pistol-Grip Benelli Only )

- Match Saver

- Deburr and polish carrier window notch

- Trigger Guard access guide cut

and here's an example of a Benelli M2 from SAI:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2690[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2689[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2688[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2687[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2686[/ATTACH]

Thanks for a comments.

I personally feel that I know how to setup a Benelli M4 that will run just as reliably and is just as well thought out and executed as SAI. Where they beat me is stippling, coating, painting, etc. Where I feel more confident is in making the gun actually RUN reliably 100%.

Can someone post a pictures of the trigger group modified by SAI or TTI? They claim to take off 3lbs from the factory trigger. I would like to see that magic :)

Here's Costa running SAI Benelli M4:

Very interesting to note the forward ejection pattern on that M4. This typically means bolt speeds are increased, given all other things being equal. I'm not sure I'm a fan of changing the operating system enough to cause that kind of change.

Watch how these shells eject. Even the slugs in the end of the video go directly to the right, vs. forward aggressively like Costa's.

Buyer beware, for better or worse, the operating parameters of that SAI M4 appear radically changed.

It's likely a great gaming gun, but when I see things like this, I wonder if changing the operating parameters of a weapon system that has the reliability track record of the M4, as well as a MRBEFF of 20,000+ rounds is such a smooth idea...

Edited by Unobtanium

Hi Unobtanium,

yes - you're absolutely right when it comes to the bolt modifications (lightening the bolt) - even the cameraman got a HIT in 10th sec. when ejecting the shell :)

Do you think is it only for 3gun purpose or this firearm could be also reliable in self defence scenario?

Thanks.

/Tom

There is a growing trend - "what is good for racing is good for the street". This is not true. I have seen many 1911s ruined with these so-called upgrades.

It is not within the scope of this post, or my knowledge, to say what each part is good for on every gun. But please remember that there are games and there is everything else. And one setup may not be optimal for both.

Infamous trigger jobs are the usual culprits. Lightweight parts, lightweight springs and gas system mods can be unreliable as these parts have to work in sync.

Hi Unobtanium,

yes - you're absolutely right when it comes to the bolt modifications (lightening the bolt) - even the cameraman got a HIT in 10th sec. when ejecting the shell :)

Do you think is it only for 3gun purpose or this firearm could be also reliable in self defence scenario?

Thanks.

/Tom

The Benelli M1014 has been proven by the USMC, and trials at Aberdeen proving ground. The SAI tuned version is anyone's guess.