SilencerCo on an M4!

DSteagall

Looks like it is mounted on a choke tube alone, and that is alot of leverage hanging off that barrel. I will laugh when people start showing up with damaged choke tube threads.

Threads should be fine. My prediction is that a 32 oz at worst and 18 oz at best weight makes people hate how and shotgun handles when it's balanced 100% in its entirety past the end of the barrel.

I say the threads will be find because m4 rifles with comps and cans and blank firing adapters are fine and threads are threads. Similar barrel material and larger threads on the m4 shotgun to boot.

Edited by Unobtanium

Threads should be fine. My prediction is that a 32 oz at worst and 18 oz at best weight makes people hate how and shotgun handles when it's balanced 100% in its entirety past the end of the barrel.

I say the threads will be find because m4 rifles with comps and cans and blank firing adapters are fine and threads are threads. Similar barrel material and larger threads on the m4 shotgun to boot.

true true.... but the choke tube has a thin wall thickness, different mounting system, and M4 carbines do not have the equivalent recoil of a 12 gauge. speaking of recoil, i wonder if this would reduce recoil?

I wish i wasn't in CA, or else i'd send in my transfer paperwork and be the guinea pig. I am very curious about the how it effects reliability, balance, cleaning, sound signature, Buckshot?, Slugs? etc...

$1400 MSRP!!!!

Edited by Vertigofirearms

true true.... but the choke tube has a thin wall thickness, different mounting system, and M4 carbines do not have the equivalent recoil of a 12 gauge. speaking of recoil, i wonder if this would reduce recoil?

I wish i wasn't in CA, or else i'd send in my transfer paperwork and be the guinea pig. I am very curious about the how it effects reliability, balance, cleaning, sound signature, Buckshot?, Slugs? etc...

$1400 MSRP!!!!

Reliability should be Improved with low recoil ammo.

Weight on the muzzle...recoil reduced.

Should worth with any ammo if It works with shot.

I have friends in cali who have class 3 stuff...

Muzzle signature varies from around high 130s to high 140s depending on baffle stack used.

Ever handle a Teague choke tube? Not all chokes are as thin as you are used to. Teague is down right beefy. I'm sure this is too. More room than you think in that area of the barrel. Most tubes taper. This one night not.

Cleaning? You have never shot suppressed, I see...oinkoink!

This is a super exciting item. User customizable from 6" up to 12". Can't wait!

With that having been said, I think this warrants short barreling my M4. I know King Armory offers cut down services but I'm assuming you lose the choke threads doing this, yes? Guess that option is out of the question unless they can re-cut the choke threads.

Anyone know if the factory Benelli 14" barrel comes with choke tube threads?

ETA: Here's the latest product video on the Salvo 12. Again, very impressive.

Edited by AggiePhil

Yeah, that's why I like SBR M4s. Now looking at the Salvo 12 specs, it comes in at 18.5 oz. in the 6" configuration. Maybe it isn't possible to cut choke threads into a ≤14" Benelli barrel but a 6" Salvo 12 instead of the last 4" of barrel seems like it wouldn't be that bad. The 12" version I think would definitely be out of the question. Maybe just a fun range/gimmick setup.

The shorter the bbl, the less effective the can will be. My M-16 with a 12" bbl is still pretty loud with a can (but it's very, very loud without a can! :) With that said, I'd still like to try this can on my 12" Street Sweeper (but I figure the revolver-like gap between the cylinder and the bbl would reduce the cans levels too). Guess the slight added weight has never been an issue for me. I've got other Silencer Co. cans and they are quality products.

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, jimbo45 said:

I know this is an old thread but this is not true I had my m4 entry barrel threaded for standard m4 chokes by briley so I could mount a salvo.

I think that post might have referred to a cut 18.5" barrel and not the oem entry barrel from benelli.  They both flare out and get thicker toward the muzzle and if you chopped an 18.5" barrel it would be in the middle "thinner" section.

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2019 at 2:56 PM, Scout_21 said:

I think that post might have referred to a cut 18.5" barrel and not the oem entry barrel from benelli.  They both flare out and get thicker toward the muzzle and if you chopped an 18.5" barrel it would be in the middle "thinner" section.

Ok that would make sense.

• Downvote 1

On 9/27/2019 at 1:56 PM, Scout_21 said:

Benelli Entry barrels are imported as 18.5” barrels and cut down by Beretta USA.

6 hours ago, AggiePhil said:

Benelli Entry barrels are imported as 18.5” barrels and cut down by Beretta USA.

I meant if someone took the stock 18.5 barrel and cut off 4.5” from it or so. I think I’ve seen some pics of a 12” m4 barrel floating somewhere around. These have no relation to the oem short barrel. 

• 6 months later...

Quick follow up...did someone successfully find or cut a barrel down to 14-16" and get it threaded?  To my knowledge as others stated, Benelli barrels are too thin in that range to cut and thread.  I'm interested in getting a 14" barrel for my M1 Super 90 threaded for my Salvo.  Any updates on shops doing the work of specific barrels out there would be greatly appreciated.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 6:22 PM, AggiePhil said:

I wonder if they'd cut my barrel for me then.

As an aside, local gunsmith said the ARGO system in my M4 wouldn't work if he cut the barrel, anyone know if that's true?

11 hours ago, Retired said:

I wonder if they'd cut my barrel for me then.

As an aside, local gunsmith said the ARGO system in my M4 wouldn't work if he cut the barrel, anyone know if that's true?

I"m no gunsmith, but I would think since it is the same M4 whether it shipped with the 18" barrel and then cut by Benelli/Berreta, that it should not affect the ARGO system.  I believe I have read on here or other forums, if you go shorter than 14 then you can start to have some cycling issues and the round type can affect it.  I have not tested or seen any of this in action, so this is purely based on other threads I have read.  There are plenty of shops that will cut your barrel; Briley, Rose Action, Van Comp, etc.  Getting it threaded is where it gets tricky.