Sidearmor??

l2azorback

The Sidearmor rails are being marketed by Tactical Shotgun Solutions: http://tacticalshotgun.solutions/home.php I don't know if it's the same company, a new company that bought the tooling, or just a split-off from Sidearmor since it appears they're still making holsters.

I've got a Sidearmor version of the 6 round QD holder that mounts to their standard replacement rail. It appears the TSS versions are the same as the old Sidearmor versions.

Anyone running one?

I recently purchased the Sidearmor "Entry" model (apparently TSS model 30151) with 8 rnd shell holder. IMO, an excellent piece, beautifully made. Others here have objected to the weight, but it is what it is and hasnt been an issue for me.

Edited by NHnewbie

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I own the shotgun rail company Tactical Shotgun Solutions/Asgard Defense. We sold the Sidearmor holster portion of the company and kept the rails but had to rename the company. It's been a challenge to redirect people to our new website. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Quality product for sure. Only problem I have is figuring out the somewhat puzzle like method to line them up to slide on/off. Perhaps a simple arrow on each piece could be a new feature request :) Otherwise an awesome product great finish, solid attachment, light weight

Quality product for sure. Only problem I have is figuring out the somewhat puzzle like method to line them up to slide on/off. Perhaps a simple arrow on each piece could be a new feature request :) Otherwise an awesome product great finish, solid attachment, light weight

It would not be hard to incorporate something like that. We will do that with our next run of parts. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
I just ordered an 8 rounder and looking forward to trying it. My mesa tacticals I have work, but depends on the WX (hot or cold) and some areas of the mesa allow the shells in easily others take work.

You will not have this issue with the Tactical Shotgun Solutions (formerly Sidearmor) parts. They are beautifully machined and well made. I had one for a while and if you want to use a solid sidesaddle then I think it is a good choice.

It DOES make the gun heavier but that may or may not be a factor depending on your POU.

I have noticed some shells are tighter than others.

i dont think plastic hulls will break in the aluminum carriers

but the shells get easier to remove or insert after

several tries. So either the metal gets smoother or the

shell gets worn down a little?

My Federal tactical slugs are very difficult to get in and out.

My plastic orange dummy rounds took a gunsmith hammer to get out, I got two in and it took a couple of minutes to get them out.

I'm going to try some of my other rounds, buckshot etc.

Going to a shotgun course and not being able to easily get the rounds in and out of the side saddle for a two day course is not going to be fun.

I have noticed some shells are tighter than others.

i dont think plastic hulls will break in the aluminum carriers

but the shells get easier to remove or insert after

several tries. So either the metal gets smoother or the

shell gets worn down a little?

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Posting in case anyone comes across this thread (like me) while searching for the Sidearmor/Asgard detachable saddle...  They're still being made by Asgard, but it's not on their site anymore.  I was worried they're not making it anymore, but they spun off a different site, Mark Precision Design.  I contacted Asgard to verify that the site was legit before ordering.  Awesome product

192249966_10157725698211402_2107354893572215787_n.jpg

195107789_10157725698276402_4258470140956568573_n.jpg

• Upvote 1