M4 operation

Evolution

Hello everyone. Brand new M4 owner here, just picked it up yesterday.

I am familiarizing myself with it and, trying to understand how the gun operates in that; when you cycle the bolt by hand, a fresh cartridge will not chamber unless you depress the cartridge drop lever.

What is different about the cycling of the gun when it is being fired in that, a fresh round IS chambered when an empty is ejected without you manually depressing the cartridge drop lever?

Thanks for your help in understanding this, and I am thrilled to have one of these in my collection.

BTW, I opted for the H20 model. It sure is purrrty.:cool:

different about the cycling of the gunwhen it is being fired

Welcome to the forum. The operation of the M4 can be unique for those who are unfamiliar, it certainly was for me!

Depressing the trigger operates the shell release.

Thank you. I assumed that pulling the trigger had something to do with releasing/actuating the shells to be dumped onto the carrier. Being a person who wants to know exactly how my firearms function, I will have to take a closer look at this to see what contacts what to enable the loading mech.:D

You will love this firearm. I have had mine for a little over a month, and it brings a smile to my face every time I take it out and let it run. I have put a 7 round tube on it and a larger bolt handle, both mods have made it more to my liking.

Have fun with your new toy.