Anyone modify the M4 field stock to shorten the LOP?

mikegli

I'm thinking about buying another field stock to mess around with shorting the LOP. Anyone had luck with this?

I did this one a long time ago. Cut it with a miter saw using a blade for laminates, filled the top and bottom with marine tex, and used a limbsaver grind to fit recoil pad. Not hard at all, but be careful not to use too much epoxy, you can really add some weight to the stock, if you use too much. It's still going strong.

IMG_1471.jpg

nimslow, do you have any additional photos of your work? How much did you take off? Was it worth the effort? I don't feel like I need a lot of trimming, but I think I'll be more comfortable.

That's the only picture I have left in my photobucket, as it was several years ago. I can't measure it right now, but I think it's just shy of 13" LOP. I'm 5'8", so the shorter, the better usually works well for me. I do prefer it to the original LOP.

That's the only picture I have left in my photobucket, as it was several years ago. I can't measure it right now, but I think it's just shy of 13" LOP. I'm 5'8", so the shorter, the better usually works well for me. I do prefer it to the original LOP.

I'm going to have to try this. I'm also 5'8 with slightly long arms.

• 3 weeks later...