NP3 Coating on Benelli M4

ohbejuan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had mine done in Nickel Boron, so I could have the exterior Cerakoted different colors than the silverish finish. It was a lot of work and came out nice. However, there were a lot of tolerance stacking issues that I had to work out with polishing. Performance wise, you won't notice much. The action might seem a little smoother at best. The internal parts are easier to clean.

017-4_zpscd26d061.jpg~original

Price list is on their site, 10% off this month. Would be something like $450 + return shipping for NP3+. I assume they can't coat the Carriercomp mag tube either (titanium)

I really like my H20. I bought my mag tube from FFT because they are the only ones so far who offer a NP3 finished tube. Do you have a raw ti tube or is it parked?

It's the carriercomp DG parkerized tube. The H2O coating looks at least somewhat similar in color?

I like the idea of the NP3+...the cost is a bit off-putting, but the worst is the potential for issues. I don't really have the means to polish/test/fire/repeat in case they cause issues

It's the carriercomp DG parkerized tube. The H2O coating looks at least somewhat similar in color?

I like the idea of the NP3+...the cost is a bit off-putting, but the worst is the potential for issues. I don't really have the means to polish/test/fire/repeat in case they cause issues

I don't believe that there are any issues. That thread link indicates to me that something else was going on with that gun. And, the OP just disappeared and never followed up in the thread.

I called Robar and asked them about "issues". They said that they have never known of any problems being caused by their coating on any of the firearms they apply it to, not just the M4.

I take them at their word on it. I don't have any problems with mine.

If there were more than a couple of supposed "issues" with NP3 and tolerance stacking, don't you think that people would be whining about it all over the internet? That's what happens.

Edited by Evolution

Hmm, that is a bit worrisome. Robar had said they prefer for it to be shipped to them fully assembled and they would take it all apart and ship it back the same. I hadn't heard about H2O's having issues

My H20 shooter has never had any problems due to the coating. I am a ROBAR dealer and I have had several firearms coated by Robar and have never had any tolerance issues what so ever. I have yet to hear from anyone about any tolerance coating issues due to ROBAR coating.

• 2 weeks later...
Second that. It will look better to have that piece coated.

Had to open up the package and update the order form this morning to add that little tidbit :)

Is in the hands of UPS now, in a month or so I'm expecting to have it back! Here's hoping to having an nice NP3+ Coated H2O killer!

Sweet! You'll love the look. Before I bought one, when I was still drooling over them, I happened to see the H20 version on GB and, I knew then that I wouldn't be happy with the standard model after seeing the H20.;)

Post a pic when you get it back!:cool:

Edited by Evolution

It appears that what I ordered might come with Rogard included. I actually didn't even know what that was until I looked it up. I wonder if I should have the top rail/side saddle and shell holders coated in that? I asked Robar yesterday, but they haven't been the best on email communication so far.

Sweet! You'll love the look. Before I bought one, when I was still drooling over them, I happened to see the H20 version on GB and, I knew then that I wouldn't be happy with the standard model after seeing the H20.;)

Post a pic when you get it back!:cool:

I actually have the sidearmor mod3 QD shell holder and rails. I'm not sure of the advantages of Rogard for these type of items, but black is black is black and if it's included?

Gee...I don't know. Black or black?:o You have the 'Tactical Shotgun Solutions' shell holder and rail, right? I have them too, and if it were me, I would leave them with the original finish. YMMV:)

• 1 month later...