M4 Field stock Vs pistol grip?

Evolution

This thread got me to thinking about a couple of things.......first, I never really looked a my recoil spring tube to see if it is the 3-position collapsable stock one or not. I was pleased to find that it is. Mine is a 2014 H20 gun.

Secondly, I got out the field stock that I bought and never used to take another look at it. I actually like the way it looks on my gun better than the fixed PG stock that came with it.

SO, I ordered another NOVESKE QD sling swivel and another LImbsaver butt pad to put on this field stock and give it another chance in actual firing.?

I don't think the pistol grip reduces recoil, but what I have noticed is that I seem to get better shoulder welds when using the pistol grip vs the field stock. When using the the field stock, I have to concentrate more on getting a good seat. (Shoulder to buttock) 

the P/G allows me to push it in to my shoulder without really thinking about it, resulting in a lower percentage of times when I seem to leave a gap between my shoulder and buttstock. 

Hiking with the pistol grip will cause many curse words to come out of your mouth. So ill changed mine to field.

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2019 at 5:59 PM, Evolution said:

SO, I ordered another NOVESKE QD sling swivel and another LImbsaver butt pad to put on this field stock and give it another chance in actual firing.?

What Limbsaver butt pad did you order to go on the field stock? Did you get the Noveske adapter setup, or one that was directly compatible with the field stock? Have you had a chance to try it out?

4 hours ago, Sigma05 said:

What Limbsaver butt pad did you order to go on the field stock? Did you get the Noveske adapter setup, or one that was directly compatible with the field stock? Have you had a chance to try it out?

This is the butt pad, Same one as for the fixed pistol grip stock. http://www.nokick.com/Precision_Fit_Pad_Benelli_M1_Tactical_p/ls-10403.htm

The Noveske item is the sling plate that replaces the OEM sling plate in the stocks. On one side of it is a QD swivel receptacle. 

https://www.noveske.com/products/benelli-qd-sling-plate

I put all the parts on the field stock that Iv'e had for a while and....I just can't get used to that thing. The grip area for the hand just cocks my wrist in an uncomfortable angle for me when my finger is on the trigger. Iv'e given up on thoughts of using the thing.  The fixed pistol grip stock is for me.....

8 hours ago, Evolution said:

This is the butt pad, Same one as for the fixed pistol grip stock. http://www.nokick.com/Precision_Fit_Pad_Benelli_M1_Tactical_p/ls-10403.htm

The Noveske item is the sling plate that replaces the OEM sling plate in the stocks. On one side of it is a QD swivel receptacle. 

https://www.noveske.com/products/benelli-qd-sling-plate

I put all the parts on the field stock that Iv'e had for a while and....I just can't get used to that thing. The grip area for the hand just cocks my wrist in an uncomfortable angle for me when my finger is on the trigger. Iv'e given up on thoughts of using the thing.  The fixed pistol grip stock is for me.....

Thanks for the info. :) 

• 2 years later...

Pistol Stock (PS) = more control + less wrist/hand fatigue (nothing wrong with that).

Field Stock (FS) = Faster + sleeker since it evolved on hunting rifles to get on game quickly while slogging through the bush.

What type of tactical person do you want to be?  The "fastest" or the "most relaxed"?

Prob. should go with "fastest".  

My M4 has the PG stock which is easily controllable and great fun to shoot. With that said, I really like the looks of the M4 with the field stock. Not sure why.  Would the FS make me a better shooter? Probably not. But it looks good. 

• Upvote 1