BENELLI OPTIC RAIL The decisive Trijicon RMR mount for the Benelli m4

heckler&kochp2000

Their tech support line is a waste of time. When you call and select the option, of course you receive voice mail. Upon leaving a message and call back number. forget it. It ain't going to happen.

How sad.

Hi SxS1943. I'm very sorry that you're having trouble getting through to us. I just checked our system and there are no unanswered voicemails, so maybe there was a technical glitch. Irrespective, please accept my apologies and consider giving us another try between the hours of 9AM and 6PM Eastern Standard Time.

Alternatively, you can reach us nearly 24/7 via email here: https://scalarworks.com/contact/

Or you can also PM us on this forum or through our social pages:

https://www.facebook.com/scalarworks

https://twitter.com/Scalarworks

http://instagram.com/scalarworks

https://www.youtube.com/user/scalarworks

• 2 weeks later...

We get a lot of questions regarding which Benelli shotguns the Scalarworks BOR/RMR is compatible with.

For the record, the Benelli M4 is the only one that it's truly and fully out-of-the-box compatible with.

However, there are others that it could possibly be compatible with if you did some work. For those interested in going to the extreme with their shotguns, or are simply curious, we've created a 1:1 scale PDF that you can print, cutout and play with.

You can download it under the documents tab on the BOR/RMR product page.

Edited by Scalarworks
Corrected the Product Page URL

We get a lot of questions regarding which Benelli shotguns the Scalarworks BOR/RMR is compatible with.

For the record, the Benelli M4 is the only one that it's truly and fully out-of-the-box compatible with.

However, there are others that it coudl posisbly be compatible with if you did some work. For those interested in going to the extreme with their shotguns, or are simply curious, we've created a 1:1 scale PDF that you can print, cutout and play with.

You can download it under the documents tab on the BOR/RMR product page.

Along those lines, I received my mount last week for a little experimentation on my M1/M2's. The contour of the mount is compatible with the receivers on those models as well. The only difference is the precious little material in the receiver for D&T'ing directly above the barrel extension for the mounting screws in the rail section of the mount. The non-tactical versions have that groove along the top of the receiver that really leaves that area very thin. There's plenty of material in the rear portion of the receiver behind the barrel extension. That's why I am considering, as mentioned in a previous post on this thread, separating the RMR mount from the rail section. For a 3-gun shotgun I don't need the rail. Just the RMR mount. It would be mounted near the rear of the receiver so there's plenty of metal there for support and the RMR-portion has two holes for installing it. I've just got to decide which gun I'm going to try this out on, since there's no going back after the drill has entered the receiver. ;) I've measured and the installation would put the RMR dot a good quarter inch lower than what I already have on the gun below, making for a much better view through the sight. Right now it's just a tad high.

We'll see what happens.

M1-RMR01.jpg~original

Along those lines, I received my mount last week for a little experimentation on my M1/M2's. The contour of the mount is compatible with the receivers on those models as well. The only difference is the precious little material in the receiver for D&T'ing directly above the barrel extension for the mounting screws in the rail section of the mount. The non-tactical versions have that groove along the top of the receiver that really leaves that area very thin. There's plenty of material in the rear portion of the receiver behind the barrel extension. That's why I am considering, as mentioned in a previous post on this thread, separating the RMR mount from the rail section. For a 3-gun shotgun I don't need the rail. Just the RMR mount. It would be mounted near the rear of the receiver so there's plenty of metal there for support and the RMR-portion has two holes for installing it. I've just got to decide which gun I'm going to try this out on, since there's no going back after the drill has entered the receiver. ;) I've measured and the installation would put the RMR dot a good quarter inch lower than what I already have on the gun below, making for a much better view through the sight. Right now it's just a tad high.

We'll see what happens.

We salute you!

Please let us know if there is any technical assistance we can provide you with.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying a used M1 receiver of the same vintage as the M1 that already has the rail/RMR. That way, I could just take the barrel/stock/internals off the current one and put it on the new-old one. Used the Scalarworks rail/RMR mount as the template for drillin'/tappin'. D&T'd the receiver then separated the rail from the RMR-mount portion. Affixed the mount to the receiver, installed the RMR. Looks like it will work just fine. Sight is definitely lower on the receiver compared to putting it on a rail with the standard low RMR mount. Lowering it also allowed me to set it back a bit on the receiver, effectively making the dot appear a bit smaller. Sorry about butchering you mount Scalarworks. Had to be done. In the name of science don't you know.

Edited - problem described has been fixed.(unrelated to sight/mount)

Pics of the current sight configuration:

Scalarworks-RMR-M1%20-%201_zpscnuxnm43.jpg~original

Scalarworks-RMR-M1%20-%202_zpsqqm8eic2.jpg~original

Edited by truckcop
Fixed problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update on the Scalarworks BOR: We expect to have them back in stock mid-May. They'll be available from our online shop and from a few stocking dealers we'll be announcing soon.

One more thing... This new version will be compatible with more Benelli shotguns than just the m4.

I've now run several hundred rounds through the M1/modified BOR RMR mount pictured above. This includes full-house buckshot and slugs as well as heavy birdshot. The mount places the RMR at the perfect height for the right cheek-weld on a standard field stock. No signs of the mount loosening with just the two mounting screws. I'm much happier with this set-up over the previous mount with the RMR/mount attached to a short section of rail.

We don't at the moment nor do we have any immediate plans for one. Unfortunately the Eotech MRDS has a relatively tall front lip which precludes co-witnessing with iron sights.

Thanks, guess a new red-dot and mount go on the Christmas wish list.

Y'all plan on going to SHOT next year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our latest batch of reworked BOR/RMR's is on it's way to anodizing and laser engraving. We're hopeful they can turn it aroudn for us in time for our revised June 1st deadline. In the mean time check out these in-the-white samples.

These are compatible with most Benelli Tactical shotguns that are drilled and tapped such as the M4, M3, M2.

Sign up on our web shop to be notified the second they are in stock and ready for sale. https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-mounts/bor-rmr/

scalarworks_bor110.jpg

not sure if this has been asked yet, but will this rmr mount fit on a supernova?

It very well should, though it obviously won't co-witness with the iron sights.

We don't have it listed in the specs under compatible firearms because we don't have a supernova to try it out on.

If by any chance it doesn't work, please send it back for a refund.

• 3 weeks later...
Why wouldn't it cowitness with the ghost rings on the supernova? I thought all the ghost ring sight in the benelli line were pretty much the same. I'm looking at this rail also for my supernova.

You're right. I confused the Supernova (bead sights) and Supernova Tactical (ghost rings).