BENELLI OPTIC RAIL The decisive Trijicon RMR mount for the Benelli m4

heckler&kochp2000

I have a SuperVinci. If I install your rail will I still be able to have clear line of sight on my factory beads with the MRDS removed?

I'd like to have the flexibility to take off the MRDS for waterfowl/upland hunting.

We don't have a SuperVinci to test, but by looking at photos of it I'd have to guess that the rail would obstruct your view of the front bead, assuming you use your normal cheek weld.

We were doing an installation of the Scalarworks rail with a Trijicon RMR 06 on Thursday for a client with a M1014 model M4. We torqued the screws to the factory spec 18 inch pounds. When we went to install the barrel, the second from the rear fastener was extending into the receiver and preventing the barrel from seating freely. We apply Loctite primer to both the threads on the receiver and the fastener. Then Loctite 243 to the fastener's threads.

We ended up using one of the factory washers on that fastener to allow the proper torque applied. Not a big deal really. Just an anomaly.

Is this something you've encountered before?

We were doing an installation of the Scalarworks rail with a Trijicon RMR 06 on Thursday for a client with a M1014 model M4. We torqued the screws to the factory spec 18 inch pounds. When we went to install the barrel, the second from the rear fastener was extending into the receiver and preventing the barrel from seating freely. We apply Loctite primer to both the threads on the receiver and the fastener. Then Loctite 243 to the fastener's threads.

We ended up using one of the factory washers on that fastener to allow the proper torque applied. Not a big deal really. Just an anomaly.

Is this something you've encountered before?

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it is. #8-40 fasteners are very rare and high quality ones are difficult to come by. We've found that 1 in several hundred are slightly longer than the rest. It's always advisable to check if any of them protrude from the inside of the receiver after installation, and prior to re-inserting the barrel.

If one does, a few minutes of filing the errant screw will usually remedy the situation.

Our instructions recommend only 16in-lbs max, but I doubt that going to 18 would be the difference here.

If anyone else has an issue, please feel free to contact us and we'll send you a cherry-picked shorter replacement screw.

Edited by Scalarworks

• 2 weeks later...

Just received one of Scalarworks Low Drag mounts for the Aimpoint T1, absolute co-witness to replace a LaRue absolute co-witness mount without a throw lever. I compared the weight difference between the two, and the Scalarworks unit is 1.1 ounces lighter than the LaRue.

The mount is really nice. It has a larger mounting footprint than the LaRue does. Basically the entire base of the mount is attached to the ratcheting knob.

It's a nice edition to my lightweight build.

007_zpsi0paz6ew.jpg

005_zpsiqjxj0tu.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nowhere online have I found it...but I'd love a shot of the irons zeroed looking through the BOR /RMR combo with the dot off. Pretend the rmr isn't there. I want to see where the irons fall in that window. I'm considering the dual power rmr, and when the dot washes, would simply transition to irons similar to leupold DEVO/LCO.

Nowhere online have I found it...but I'd love a shot of the irons zeroed looking through the BOR /RMR combo with the dot off. Pretend the rmr isn't there. I want to see where the irons fall in that window. I'm considering the dual power rmr, and when the dot washes, would simply transition to irons similar to leupold DEVO/LCO.

We have a video of the sight picture you can expect from the BOR110 here: https://scalarworks.com/optic-mounts/bor-rmr/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When do you expect your RMR rails for the Benelli to be back in stock? I assume it's a newer design since brownells cancelled the old model?

I hope so. I haven't logged in for a while and see this new mount and it's out of stock/discontinued.

My M4 does have a picatinny rail though. Maybe I should just stick with it?