BENELLI OPTIC RAIL The decisive Trijicon RMR mount for the Benelli m4

heckler&kochp2000

IOR/RMR production is in full swing. First production batch will be done this Friday and sent to anodizing. Programming for IOR/Micro is done, and it goes onto the same machine this Monday. Screws are finished and will be back from Black Nitrdiding next week and then sent to Nylok (they usually turn things around in a few days. Packaging is being finalized now.

February is looking pretty good barring anything unforeseen.

That's exciting news! I sold my BOR/RMR in anticipation of the IOR release, but now I'm having trouble deciding if I want to go with the Micro or RMR version. I can see the advantages of each (as you pointed out above), so it may just come down to aesthetics. Can you post a picture of each from the side (profile view)?

That's exciting news! I sold my BOR/RMR in anticipation of the IOR release, but now I'm having trouble deciding if I want to go with the Micro or RMR version. I can see the advantages of each (as you pointed out above), so it may just come down to aesthetics. Can you post a picture of each from the side (profile view)?

At this point I think it would be best to just wait for the production rails and official promotional photos. Won't be long now.

I am going T2. Why?

I don't need to remove it to replace batteries.

Rain cannot get between the laser projection and the "screen".

It's more durable.

The glass is much clearer/better.

It sits lower in relation to the irons and gives a better use of them.

It costs similar enough that finances should not enter the discussion, at this level, IMO

• 2 weeks later...
No Sir. Trijicon RMR and Aimpoint Micro versions only for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the answer!

It's a pity. I think such a modification would be in demand, Docter fully compatible with Burris FFII/FFIII sight.

It may be possible custom order?

• 2 weeks later...
So the good news is that we'll have both RMR and Micro versions available at the same time. CNC machining of all components is complete.

The bad news is that laser marking and anodizing are super busy and we don't expect to have finished parts back until the end of the month.

You're still hitting your deadline listed on your website...that's special in and of itself nowdays.

You're still hitting your deadline listed on your website...that's special in and of itself nowadays.

Thanks, but originally the RMR deadline was listed as Mid February. We update those deadlines on the website as soon as we have fresh information. Unfortunately in this industry it does often feel like 2 weeks late is pretty much 6 weeks early...

Hello everyone! I bought a Benelli M4 a few weeks ago and I'm really glad I did, it's such a great gun and a blast to shoot. I'm looking at accessories for it, so I'll have some questions for you all. I've already ordered a Carriercomp tube(I have questions on that as well, but that's for a different thread). I have just a couple things I need to ask here.

I'm leaning towards putting an Aimpoint on my gun, and I'm going to go with Scalarworks mounting system. So I need the IOR/Micro rail(when it becomes available), and I can buy whichever Aimpoint bundle from Scalarworks I want, that comes with the low drag mount? I'm pretty sure I have that right, but I wanted to make sure.

As far as which aimpoint, i'm leaning towards the T-2. Would the CompM4's be a little too bulky for the gun?

Also, when looking at the Scalarworks LDM Aimpoint bundles, I noticed you have to choose absolute or lower third co witnessing. What would any of you recommend? I don't know if that will depend on what kind of stock I use as well. I just have the factory stock on it now, and I may keep it on there. If I do get a stock, it will probably be the OEM C-stock, but I've been taking a hard look at the Mesa Tactical stock as well. (And yes I'm keepin 922r in mind as well).

Anyways, I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions at some point. Thanks in advance for any replies, I really appreciate it.

The rail is the mount. Aimpoint t2 only. Maybe t1, but not 100% sure.

Unobtanium is correct; The rail is the mount. The Micro version is compatible with both the Aimpoint Micro T-2 and T-1 (also H-1 and H-2). It should also be compatible with all of the Micro clones out there (but we haven't tested them all).

We will be offering two bundles: One with the Aimpoint Micro T-2 and the other with the Trijicon RM06. Scroll to the bottom of this page for details on both: https://scalarworks.com/optic-bundles/

Quick-updates:

1. We've changed the name of our line of shotgun red dot mounts to SYNC.
  2. Our anodizing partner's current estimate on getting us finished mounts is Friday (March 10th). Assuming that holds we'll have the mounts up for sale by the following Monday (March 13th).
  3. Due to a technical issue with our website the SYNC page is no longer accepting auto-notify sign-ups. If you want to get on teh list please email [email protected]

I have tried to read through this thread....so the original mount is being replaced with the Sync mount? Can you still get the original? Why was it redesigned?

We re-designed our original RMR mount for several good reasons:

1- To bring the RMR even lower to the receiver so that it could co-witness all the way down to the lowest rear iron sight setting.

2- To provide the RMR with an air-tight platform to sit on and guarantee a water tight seal.

3- To make the whole thing smoother and lighter weight.

4- To have a design that could potentially accommodate an Aimpoint Micro platform.

Why was it redesigned?

I'm not them but the primary purpose of a rail on the receiver was for mounting an optic. With the optic mount integrated into the rail, the rail really became superfluous. Hence the redesign to omit the rail portion. That's my guess anyway.