BENELLI OPTIC RAIL The decisive Trijicon RMR mount for the Benelli m4

heckler&kochp2000

I'm not them but the primary purpose of a rail on the receiver was for mounting an optic. With the optic mount integrated into the rail, the rail really became superfluous. Hence the redesign to omit the rail portion. That's my guess anyway.

That too. You could put a light or sling mount on there but in practice both of those options sucked.

I'm not them but the primary purpose of a rail on the receiver was for mounting an optic. With the optic mount integrated into the rail, the rail really became superfluous. Hence the redesign to omit the rail portion. That's my guess anyway.

I want to be able to mount my RMR as close to the rear sight as possible, that's what interested me about the original design. This new design has me wondering where it seats the optic.

Also love the locking lugs. Will those screws have stops on them so you now when they are seating properly?

Thanks. They do have a shoulder to prevent over-penetration into the receiver. On most shotguns we've tested that also coincides with the slot height, but on others you will have to adjust the height a bit to suit the slots.

It's all spelled out in the installation instructions. No big deal.

The product description says that it mounts to the receiver using 4 screws, but the picture only appears to use 2. Am i missing something underneath the rail? 4 screw mounting was what really had me waiting for this product over the midwest industries mount

Edited by tinman1975

The product description says that it mounts to the receiver using 4 screws, but the picture only appears to use 2. Am i missing something underneath the rail? 4 screw mounting was what really had me waiting for this product over the midwest industries mount

Heh nevermind...my link took me right to the product instead of the huge fancy intro page that clearly shows pictures of the bottom and the 4 screws. Looks like a great product......order placed :)