BENELLI OPTIC RAIL The decisive Trijicon RMR mount for the Benelli m4

heckler&kochp2000

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone. We only have a couple of BOR/RMR's left in our online shop but a couple of our dealers still have some in stock. Please head over there if you want one.

Brownells

Rainier Arms

Thanks for your support.

You guys are still going to keep producing them right??? Or is this just a momentary shortage from your site?

I sent an email a few days ago about buying one... but I needed to know if it came with all the mounting hardware (screws) necessary since I am missing one of the factory picatinny screws. :(

A few years ago a company was selling rails for the M4 with the incorrect pitch so it was easy to destroy the aluminum threads with the wrong steel screw.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-19%20at%208.46.36%20PM_zpsgsx5j5kh.png

Just for the heck of it, in 2012, I was trying

to find a non-factory source for screws and found this source that will work in a pinch.Screen%20shot%202014-01-12%20at%208.35.22%20AM_zps1lkhoq0s.png

Edited by benelliwerkes

You guys are still going to keep producing them right??? Or is this just a momentary shortage from your site?

I sent an email a few days ago about buying one... but I needed to know if it came with all the mounting hardware (screws) necessary since I am missing one of the factory picatinny screws. :(

We have 3 left in stock. Rainier Arms has a bunch as does Brownells. We're very busy expanding our AR15 Low Drag Mounts so we do plan on making more BORs but we don't have an ETA on them.

Benelli receivers are tapped to the original Weaver standard which is #8-40, not metric.

We had this confirmed verbally by Benelli USA's technical support manager who is also one of their most senior people.

All of our BOR110's ship with a set of dedicated #8-40 screws for mounting to any factory tapped Benelli receiver.

Thanks for your 8-40 screw perspective.

The M4x.75 and the 8-40 are virtually identical to within a few thousandths of an inch dimensions. It is one of the unusual ASE - metric crossovers; not surprisingly both easily cross-fitting into standard screw-checker devices. It seems odd that every other threaded surface on every Benelli shotgun I am familiar with is metric, not ASE threads.Screen%20Shot%202015-08-20%20at%208.54.24%20PM_zpskomnrqwz.png

Thanks for your 8-40 screw perspective.

The M4x.75 and the 8-40 are virtually identical to within a few thousandths of an inch dimensions. It is one of the unusual ASE - metric crossovers; not surprisingly both easily cross-fitting into standard screw-checker devices. It seems odd that every other threaded surface on every Benelli shotgun I am familiar with is metric, not ASE threads.

It didn't make sense to use at first. Then we realized that a Picatinny rail on a shutgun is a quintessentially American idea and an Italian engineer who did some research in 1998 while designing the M4 would have likely deferred to how these things were mounted to thin walled receivers in America. Namely, #8-40 weaver rail screws (the commercial predecessor to the M-1913 standard).

We only finally accepted this once we got confirmation from someone senior at Benelli USA.

But like you said, they are very close to the metric, and lots of people run metric just fine.

• 1 month later...

Quick update for everyone interested in the BOR110:

Scalarworks and our retail partners are all sold out and we expect our next batch of BORs to be ready 6-7 weeks from now. We wish it was sooner but our production team is very busy with our new line of Low Drag Mounts for AR15 compatible platforms.

Thanks for your support and your patience.

• 3 weeks later...

Got these yesterday from Australia.

It's been a long fight with customs, but most of the parts are there. I still have to get the 'adjustable' stock over to him and a few other minor pieces. The M4's been used to kill a whole slew of bad piggies so far. We'll see if the hits go up with the RMR in place. So far, not a single failure has occurred in the field.

That trigger group is grown by the one true God on the Elysian fields using a heretofore unused incantations before I magicked it down to Australia. I gentley wrapped them in wax paper before passing them along to you -- the fortunate consumer.

Is that a Geiselle Hammer? Why yes it is, and a FFT Trigger and Disconnector too. But wait–they didn’t add…yes they did, yes they did indeed. They added a TTI Shell Elevator. Then before you know it, you notice the safety has been modified and significantly easier to use.

Benelli-M4-H20-a_zpsygpcjqun.jpg

Benelli-M4-H20-b_zpsbrw0xml4.jpg

Edited by StrangerDanger

• 2 weeks later...
Got these yesterday from Australia.

It's been a long fight with customs, but most of the parts are there. I still have to get the 'adjustable' stock over to him and a few other minor pieces. The M4's been used to kill a whole slew of bad piggies so far. We'll see if the hits go up with the RMR in place. So far, not a single failure has occurred in the field.

That trigger group is grown by the one true God on the Elysian fields using a heretofore unused incantations before I magicked it down to Australia. I gentley wrapped them in wax paper before passing them along to you -- the fortunate consumer.

Is that a Geiselle Hammer? Why yes it is, and a FFT Trigger and Disconnector too. But wait–they didn’t add…yes they did, yes they did indeed. They added a TTI Shell Elevator. Then before you know it, you notice the safety has been modified and significantly easier to use.

Awesome, SD. Thanks for sharing!

Who'd you use for the NP3?