2004 hunting pictures

birddog

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think they are Outlaws and RealGeese.

As you can see, we really don't brush our rice blind out, we think it makes the blind stand out more than if you just leave it muddy and nasty just like where the ducks and geese sit and eat and crap.....

mudhen - CA

It has to be the gun!

Shot one widgeon at 7 a.m., nothing for two solid hours, just about to leave and I see 5 widge heading for the decoys.

I let them work overhead and off to my right a bit (my favorite angle - aka the one I'm least likely to miss) and start picking them off.

Two with the first shot (I meant to do that, really!), one each with the next two shots, reload without even looking for #5 because I know what they do when their buddies start falling, and look right up at #5 @ 25 yards and dump #5.

All 5 stone dead in the decoys.

Gotta love Benellis......

widge2.jpg

mudhen - CA

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You're really starting to get under my skin!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was supposed to go this AM (best day in weeks), but my partner had to work, and he's the one with the boat. Around mid-morning it starting spitting snow and by 12 we had an inch on the ground with blowing snow.

More of that good stuf on the way for this w/e, and I can't wait!

They grow much rice in Cali. It is one of the three main rice areas in the US.

Arky rice fields are better for hunting though, ours fields have high levees and take a lot of water to fill and keep filled.

That Arky photo shows what the birds really like, shallow water where the feed is readily accessible.

mudhen - CA