What happens when you turn a M4 into an AR15?

Vertigofirearms

Cant speak from experience, only by looks. We will see if the creator will respond.

I will say that quad rail configurations is soooo last decade ago! smiley_confused.gif As an impersonation of an AR15 from the rear end, it should be matched with what the AR15 industry is being refined into today. No ambi safety?

But by far, this is a bold and unique creation.

Edited by Vertigofirearms

Unique and definitely spent a lot of time and money in development.

The only benefit I see is the safety selector and the rear sling mounts. The collapsible stock could be an improvement since the cant doesn't seem to be an issue like on the factory M4. Even with all those rails, you'd be served best buy adding an Ava Tactical light mount! 3200 and still hasn't met the reserve?

It appears the only Benelli components retained are the barrel assembly and the mag tube.

100% newly manufactured receiver with integrated mil standard top rail, mated to a forend upper with integrated side rails with sling mounting points

It's an entirely new receiver so it's nothing more than some one-off custom. No thanks.

It appears the only Benelli components retained are the barrel assembly and the mag tube.

It's an entirely new receiver so it's nothing more than some one-off custom. No thanks.

Bolt, modified FCG?

Is the bolt modified?

I suppose I was mistaken, it does appear to have a M4 BCG and FCG although the description fails to mention all that.

New trigger housing with H&K style quick takedown, utilizing a single push pin

Still, at the reserve price I'm relatively certain that one could purchase a new M4, as well as plenty of the appropriate aftermarket items and still have plenty of dinero left over for cases of ammo.

This item is now for sale! This is the conversion for existing Benelli M4 shotguns. Please note that you must send in your Benelli M4 for this modification.

These colors come with matching color stock, grip and sights. The barrel, magazine tube, and buffer tube will be black for all packages; however, you may customize these colors (please email or call us to specify any customization of the colors--it may incur an extra charge). If you have questions, please call us prior to ordering. You will receive an email after ordering for instructions on how to get your shotgun to us. The completed shotgun will be shipped to an FFL of your choice with free shipping.

This shotgun includes a collapsable stock, pistol grip, and 7+1 magazine tube. It is up to you to know your state laws regarding restrictions on long guns.

There are two options for the forend "upper" rail lengths: extended or standard

There are two options for the foregrip rail: full or partial

Components List

There are also extra accessories that can be purchased.

[h=2]Key Design Elements:[/h]

• New receiver manufactured 100% in-house
  • Integrated receiver and forend with removable 1 piece fore grip
  • Integrated mil spec picatinny rails and quick detach shell holder
  • Oversized trigger guard with extended trigger, utilizing a single push pin for quick takedown
  • AR-15 style grip
  • AR-15 style fire control selector
  • Carbine length stock extension that accepts standard AR-15 buttstocks
  • AR-15 buffer and spring integration
  • Recoil force in line with the bore axis, which allows for fast follow up shots and sight acquisition
  • Maintain cheek weld when using optics
  • Full length magazine tube
  • Back-up iron sights
  • Oversized bolt release button
  • Integrated push pin sling mounting points
  • Different rail options for the fore grip
  • Uses existing components from your Benelli M4 such as the barrel and bolt

[h=1]Here's what you get with the upgrade:[/h] [h=2]Asgard Defense manufactured components:[/h]

1. New receiver

2. Forend upper

3. Forend grip

4. Trigger housing

5. End plate

6. Mid plate

7. Trigger

8. Operating link

9. 6 round quick detach shell holder

10. Selector lever

11. Bolt relase button

12. Mid-Point Sling Mount

12. Color options are Graphite Black, Magpul Flat Dark Earth, and Magpul OD Green

[h=2]Asgard Defense provided components:[/h]

1. Magpul ACS stock with enhanced rubber buttpad

2. Buffer, spring, and buffer tube (mil spec)

3. Magpul or Hogue grip

4. Magpul rear and front sights

5. Extended magazine tube (if you have an extended mag tube already, we will reuse yours, adding Cerakote)

Easy.

A single Proto alone, I think would exceed that. That's a lot of machining.

Far beyond. I am talking with a company which is working on a new M4 (AR variant), and they have prototype guns out. They are NOT AT ALL making a radical departure from the normal platform, only using different materials, and have their own lower and upper and rail. It would not "jump off the rack at you" like this Benelli conversion, and their prototypes are estimated at around $5k/per, and they are VERY NEAR production right now.

I am Katherine with Asgard Defense. My husband and I own the company and have put a lot of time and effort into developing this beast!

We've been working on this project for the last 18 months and have just completed and initial pre-production run. We realize this is not going to be a fit for everyone, but we want to integrate features that we see people adding to their shotguns. This shotgun will continue to evolve as user feedback shapes the next model offering. We are using the m4 as our platform because we like the ARGO system and note that adding weight to this will not interfere with the reliability.

This initially started as we wanted to create a stock that was inline with the bore axis, so the cheek weld wouldn't be broken. In order to do this, we had to design a new receiver. So, that's when all the other features came into play.

We've conducted live fire exercises with law enforcement, and the feedback has been very positive.

I know it's difficult for us to make a favorable impression with pictures alone....so if you are in the area, stop in, and we'll take you shooting!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Edited by Katherine

Unique and definitely spent a lot of time and money in development.

3200 and still hasn't met the reserve?

We are testing the waters to see what people are willing pay. It's expensive now to build it, but we are working on optimizing our tooling to get to the price point that reasonable.

Yes, the link has been changed to work with a modified AR-15 buffer system. The FCG has been modified with a new trigger housing to accommodate the AR grips, and a new trigger is mated to a proprietary selector.

That is too much change for me to accept without a TON of T&E, even if you gave me a setup for free. The Benelli M1014 underwent a massive T&E program, some of the results of which are available. I honestly do not think you have the resources to make me buy your system. I realize I am not "your focus", and I'm a nobody, yes, but I'm just putting that out there. Maybe after they are on the market for a good while, but now? The factory M1014 system works VERY well. Aesthetics and a different feel are not worth changing that, to me, at this point.

All this said, rock on, put up some slow motion videos, get this thing into some high round-count shooters hands (I sadly am not your guy, here), and let the market decide. I am not knocking it, just being a realist about the changes made.

I am Katherine with Asgard Defense. My husband and I own the company and have put a lot of time and effort into developing this beast!

We've been working on this project for the last 18 months and have just completed and initial pre-production run. We realize this is not going to be a fit for everyone, but we want to integrate features that we see people adding to their shotguns. This shotgun will continue to evolve as user feedback shapes the next model offering. We are using the m4 as our platform because we like the ARGO system and note that adding weight to this will not interfere with the reliability.

This initially started as we wanted to create a stock that was inline with the bore axis, so the cheek weld wouldn't be broken. In order to do this, we had to design a new receiver. So, that's when all the other features came into play.

We've conducted live fire exercises with law enforcement, and the feedback has been very positive.

I know it's difficult for us to make a favorable impression with pictures alone....so if you are in the area, stop in, and we'll take you shooting!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

I know this is a little off topic, but have you thought about doing something similar with the R1 series of hunting rifles. They would make great DMR's.