Benelli M4 C-Stop limbsaver

ning1986

• 10 months later...
In one of Keith's threads on another forum, he said he got rid of the Promag stock after it broke and the Limbsaver transferred over to the OEM collapsible stock. I'm kind of curious about trying a Limbsaver out on mine too.

Ahhh, I didn't see that thread. I too would like to know if he was able to make the Limbsaver work with the Benelli stock.

Any chance the Limbsaver can cause the M4 to cycle unreliably? I put a slip-on Limbsaver on my almost new M4 and thought it messed up the cycling. However, I havent experimented enough to confirm that the Limbsaver is the culprit. May be that the gun just isnt sufficiently broken in yet.

Items ordered from Noveske and Amazon. So we'll see what happens in a week or so.

I'm running to the store to lay in a cache of Popcorn!

I saw your post about the RMR gaskets.

I just bought some. Trijicon wanted $10 to ship them!

I got them on Amazon with no shipping, so I snagged 3 of them.

Received my Limbsavers. Still waiting on Noveske to give up the mounting plates though.

I have three collapsible stocks, so I'll mount one Limbsaver and take a second with the OEM pad. I'll then try to get it to cause failures and determine it's value by swapping back and forth between the same weapon. I should be able to determine if there is any reduction in perceived recoil.

Received my Limbsavers. Still waiting on Noveske to give up the mounting plates though.

I have three collapsible stocks, so I'll mount one Limbsaver and take a second with the OEM pad. I'll then try to get it to cause failures and determine it's value by swapping back and forth between the same weapon. I should be able to determine if there is any reduction in perceived recoil.

Wow, this should answer some questions for sure!

Congratulations. You're going to like it.

I started out looking at Mossberg 930 SPX's. Read about them and said Ohhh Myyy, I don't want a Jam o matic. I also didn't want to spend the $$$ to get the Mossberg. Then I "discovered" the Beretta 1301. It was way more $$$ that I had started out as and it had a nasty habit of hitting a button at the wrong time and taking the gun out of action till the massive Jam was cleared. Then Versa Max, then while I'm reading all these reviews and reports are Benelli mentions about how everything was compared to the M4 and M2.

And that's how you start out not wanting to spend $500 or so and ending up where I am at here at today. Spend once, cry once. I was fearful of Auto loader reliability and that's how you end up here.

That's how it always starts. Chasing what's the best. Then you find out the aftermarket options and double the cost of the already expensive platform. Then once you're done with it, you start considering a second. It's a sickness.

I also assumed at first I couldn't rely on an auto loader for defense of Life, and the more I read the more I thought I could use the Benelli in defense of Life. Now I'm thinking with Hardcast shotgun slugs I can use it as a Anti Bear gun in Alaska.

Look into Hexolit32 steel slugs. Their recoil is mild for a slug and the damage is impressive. They feel more like shooting 2 3/4 buckshot (not the low recoil stuff.) I keep them in my burnt bronze M4 at the house. We have bull elk here that aren't afraid of people. They're in my yard literally daily. Sometimes they get pretty aggressive particularly during the rutting season.

I'm sure they'd work well on a home intruder too.

Re: "The noveske plate 'doesn't work' on the c stock because you can't fully collapse the stock with it. When collapsed, the recoil spring tube extends into the oem pad slightly and the noveske plate prevents this from happening. If you don't mind not being able to fully collapse the stock, it will work.".

Bloody brilliant, this will be great news to Californians.

Seems it'd still collapse a little bit though, right? Still seems like the gun would still be considered an assault weapon in CA. Agree?