Benelli M4 C-Stop limbsaver

ning1986

• 1 year later...

The 10403 fits perfectly. However you'll need 2 m4-0.7 x 14-16mm screws for the metal collapsible stock. Also, if you want it to fully collapse you'll need to cut out an appropriate hole in the plastic of the pad. It's not hard. I used a drill press and a dremel to cut it out and I'm happy with it.

The 10403 fits perfectly. However you'll need 2 m4-0.7 x 14-16mm screws for the metal collapsible stock. Also, if you want it to fully collapse you'll need to cut out an appropriate hole in the plastic of the pad. It's not hard. I used a drill press and a dremel to cut it out and I'm happy with it.

Does it still need the Noveske adapter?

Does it still need the Noveske adapter?

Nope, it fits without any adapters for the PG and "traditional" stocks. It does need different screws and the hole for the collapsible stock though. If you are using a pinned c-stock then no hole would be needed.

I did want to clarify on the screws. I used 14mm length and they fit fine...but you might be able to use a slightly longer screw. I haven't experimented to find the "best" length yet.

Cheers

Edited by Scout_21

Nope, it fits without any adapters for the PG and "traditional" stocks. It does need different screws and the hole for the collapsible stock though. If you are using a pinned c-stock then no hole would be needed.

I did want to clarify on the screws. I used 14mm length and they fit fine...but you might be able to use a slightly longer screw. I haven't experimented to find the "best" length yet.

Cheers

The Noveske adapter is only Ned ed for the collapsible stock.

Just finished the Limbsaver install on mine........rather comfy.

You guys look like you are saying different things RE the collapsible stock?

To start off you specifically need this limbsaver model - 10403

hP9DeoB.jpg

It comes with the wood screws used for the field and pistol grip stocks. You will need two m4x0.7 - 14mm screws for the C-stock. NOTE 15 or 16mm MIGHT be better but I haven't tested those as they weren't in stock at my local hardware store.

ozGIb9u.jpg

Edited by Scout_21

Here's the cut out I made so I could fully collapse the stock. I only cut the hard plastic. Thankfully there is a void in the limbsaver rubber material so I didn't need to work on any of that. The silver discoloration is just from a sharpie I used to mark out the area to be removed. I basically marked out that area and tried to fully collapse the stock a few times to rub off some of the sharpie. That gave me a starting point for the drill press and dremel.

VICmmMB.jpg

qI89iAm.jpg

No plates are needed for this specific limbsaver model. Other models do require the Noveske plate as the screw holes are aligned differently.

Edited by Scout_21
  • Upvote 1

Nice work!

So, in a nutshell.......no matter which Benelli M4 OEM stock that you have, it's the 10403 recoil pad that is the correct one.

No additional adaptors are needed for any of them except that with the C-stock, you have to modify the 10403 pad and use different screws to attach it.

Just reiterating this because there has been a lot of confusion in the past about which pad fits which stock and if you need a Noveske plate for it.

One dealer's website that I have used before even states that the 10403 pad will not fit the pistol grip stock of the M4. Not in exactly the same wording but, you read it and say what you come away thinking.

http://www.nokick.com/Precision_Fit_Pad_Benelli_M1_Tactical_p/ls-10403.htm

Edited by Evolution

Yeah just to follow up the regular c-stock screws won't work because they are too short. I just ordered some 316 stainless torx pan head screws from boltdepot.com that are 16mm long. I'll report back on how well they fit. Yeah I know they are at high risk for galvanic corrosion. I also placed an order for these:

http://www.fastener-express.com/m4-x-7-x-16mm-but-head-cap-screw-aluminum-qty-50.aspx

Anyone else have thoughts on fastener materials and if the aluminum would be too weak for this purpose?

Edited by Scout_21

Great thread update. I’ve made about 25-30 or the pads with the adapter and the 10111 for the collapsible stock. Be very careful when selecting your fastener length. If it is too long, it will bottom out in the blind hole. If you tell any resistance, stop. These fine screws will break off easily.

I would not use aluminum screws at this size. The steel or stainless are fine. Use Loctite blue 243 to deal with the dissimilar material adhesion.

M2’s pad looks like it’s solid rubber inside? On the 10111 it is a hollow void once past the plastic back plate.

Edited by StrangerDanger

You know, I have to wonder.....there is definitely a hollow space where you have drilled that hole in the backing plate to accommodate the tube, I just pushed on mine with my thumb and it's hollow. Is it possible that the receiver extension is going to jam into your shoulder under recoil and eventually bite through the rubber on the pad?

Only if you shoot it fully collapsed against your shoulder.

You know, I have to wonder.....there is definitely a hollow space where you have drilled that hole in the backing plate to accommodate the tube, I just pushed on mine with my thumb and it's hollow. Is it possible that the receiver extension is going to jam into your shoulder under recoil and eventually bite through the rubber on the pad?