Benelli M4 C-Stop limbsaver

ning1986

I was concerned about the aluminum but 316 and 7075-t6 have similar tensile strengths...and shear strengths. To me the biggest issue would be the elasticity values where 316 has about double, or more, than that of 7075-t6. I'll ask my engineer friend about other factors.

Great thread update. I’ve made about 25-30 or the pads with the adapter and the 10111 for the collapsible stock. Be very careful when selecting your fastener length. If it is too long, it will bottom out in the blind hole. If you tell any resistance, stop. These fine screws will break off easily.

I would not use aluminum screws at this size. The steel or stainless are fine. Use Loctite blue 243 to deal with the dissimilar material adhesion.

M2’s pad looks like it’s solid rubber inside? On the 10111 it is a hollow void once past the plastic back plate.

I was concerned about the aluminum but 316 and 7075-t6 have similar tensile strengths...and shear strengths. To me the biggest issue would be the elasticity values where 316 has about double, or more, than that of 7075-t6. I'll ask my engineer friend about other factors.

I think you may be over thinking it a bit

I’ve been through about a thousand slugs and buckshot rounds since I put the Limbsaver together. No issues feeling the extension or feeling a deflated void.

Youre way over thinking the fastener and collapsible stock tensile strength issue. The OEM screws hold just fine in a plastic stock. If you’re really concerned about it, send the screws and hardware in to Robar and have them plated in NP3+ If you’re doing daily Seal team ocean water exposure. On my H2O Extreme builds, this is done since the parts are going for plating anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Just installed my limbsaver buttpad on the c-stock M4. I used M4 .7 x 16mm screw and they worked great. Only question, Homedepot only had zinc plate screws, is there anything I need to worry about with zinc plates screws?

The zinc plated screws are better than stainless in terms of galvanic corrosion.... and like strangerdanger said it's probably not a worry unless you dip your shotgun in salt water often.

I'd stick with the zinc

• 4 months later...
There are holes in the stock pad. If you pull on it a little you can see them. I usually put a little oil on my screwdriver and slide it in. I'm pretty sure it's a phillips but can t remember.

Got'em off. #1 Phillips and tight in every dimension. They made it like it should withstand Combat! Don't thinbk the Limbsaver setup will be as robust, but will certainly be more comfortable to shoot.

• 6 months later...
The 10403 fits perfectly. However you'll need 2 m4-0.7 x 14-16mm screws for the metal collapsible stock. Also, if you want it to fully collapse you'll need to cut out an appropriate hole in the plastic of the pad. It's not hard. I used a drill press and a dremel to cut it out and I'm happy with it.

You suggested the 10403 LimbSaver pad to fit the M4 c-stock without the need for a Noveske plate, but LimbSaver has a pad listed for the M4 as 10807, which requires the Noveske. In case I missed it in this thread, what would be the disadvantage in going that route? Would that not spare me from going after special screws? Plus, it’s the newer AirTech edition pad from LimbSaver.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

You'd have to drill through the plate and pad so that your c-stock would collapse, like that StrangerDanger has done for a while. If you have the tactical pg or field stock then that part doesn't matter... but you have to buy the plate.

Thx for your quick response.

My c-stock is pinned, due to CA laws, so the plate won’t be in my way. But I guess it’d be cheaper to buy screws than the plate. Only reason left to go the plate route now is if the newer AirTech LimbSavers are any better than the classics.

Ah, good points. No idea how much, or if, the airtech limbsavers are improved. Cheers

Thx for your quick response.

My c-stock is pinned, due to CA laws, so the plate won’t be in my way. But I guess it’d be cheaper to buy screws than the plate. Only reason left to go the plate route now is if the newer AirTech LimbSavers are any better than the classics.

• 6 months later...

Installed the Limbsaver 10403 on my M1014 today using zinc-plated M4 x 16mm hardware from HD. Fit and finish of the recoil pad was excellent- slightly larger than mating surface of c-stock but I was able to get the overhang uniform all the way around. 

This M1014 came with the factory fixed c-stock so modifying the recoil pad to accommodate the stock tube when collapsed is unnecessary at this point. I’ll do that when I get around to modifying the stock to make collapsible. 

Job was a breeze thanks to the information found here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1