how to install new ejector on SBE II

jackguns

As I recall, slide the ejector plate all the way forward into the grooves of the receiver, then feed the spring in through the hole towards the back of the receiver. When it's fully inserted, hook the forward end of the spring on the tab at the front of the plate. At least that's how I remember it.

Is that spring broken or kinked? Based on the photo, I'd replace that as well.

Just wondering. How in blue blazes did the ejector plate break? It rides back and forth in steel grooves. It's steel. Just wondering.

Edited by truckcop

As I recall, slide the ejector plate all the way forward into the grooves of the receiver, then feed the spring in through the hole towards the back of the receiver. When it's fully inserted, hook the forward end of the spring on the tab at the front of the plate. At least that's how I remember it.

Is that spring broken or kinked? Based on the photo, I'd replace that as well.

Spring is a little out of sorts. man it is hard trying to find any part in stock. They only stock the parts you don't need. had this eagle since the 90's and this is the 1st screwup so I can't bash it too much. LOL. Found the ejector out in the midwest

Is that ejector suppossed to move freely like i think it should? If no,t I may have to file one edge of it cause it is very very tight

Thanks again

Try Numrich for a spring. I purchased a barrel a while back that didn't have the ejector installed. Numrich had both parts at that time.

Depends on what you mean by "freely". It's under spring tension. It will move back if you push on it but will go back forward when you let go. If should move freely back and forth without the spring installed.

Probably would be best to use a new ejector and spring. They are easy to install. Just get the round part started and push it forward in the groove until the rear tab of the ejector hits that raised ring in the barrel extension. Then, put the blade of a flat blade screwdriver on the back of the ejector tooth and hit the screwdriver handle with your palm or a light hammer to drive it over the ring. Next, work the spring in the hole that is in the front of the ejector until the ejector is all the way forward and there are a few coils are left showing. Then, use a small blade screwdriver to push the rest of the ejector spring in and let the closed end of the spring catch on that little tooth that you can see in that hole an you're done.