Benelli noob first timer with questions on my super nova shotgun

Sffred

Hello my fellow Benelli Owners!

i just purchased my first Benelli, it's a supernova, but it's used.

i have a couple questions?

Since I purchased it used I don't know but it seems like the charging handle/forend is loose and wobbly. Is there any way to make it smoother?

my second question is where can I get a 22-24" barrel? It doesn't need to be factory Benelli, but I would like it to have a raised rib front sight since I have a peep hole rear.

from reading on this forum it seems like Nordic is the way to go for mag tube extensions so I'm set there. I'll post some pics and tell me what u suggest.

Thanks for ur time...

sffred

Hey buddy, congrats, I have a SuperNova Tactical Steady-Grip and have formerly owned the (now-discontinued) 24" all-black, fiber-optic-sighted, Steady Grip SuperNova model , these are amazing shotguns for the price!

A few things: This forum is dead... I just happened to stop by by but since 2010 when I first came here, no one has ever really answered one of my questions.

Second - the forend thing is hard to say, some wobble is normal, helps to allow looser tolerances for cycling when muddy, rainy, dirty, etc.

Third- NEVER buy a Benelli assuming you'll buy another barrel. Benelli barrels are more than the shotguns! Literally! I bought the 24" SN in March '10 because it was an amazing AMAZING deal from Dick's Sporting Goods. I figured I'd buy an 18.5" bbl, a ghost ring sight, and be done, a new barrel was $479!! The entire new SuperNova Tactical was $449. Benelli parts are oppressively expensive.

Anyway good luck and have fun

A few things: This forum is dead... I just happened to stop by by but since 2010 when I first came here, no one has ever really answered one of my questions.

Don't understand why you state the forum is dead? !!

If you scroll down to the Franchi forum, you will notice many, many replies to my question about chokes for the Instinct L.

They were so overwhelming that I had to hire a secretary to reply.

Edit: corrected a typo

Edited by SxS1943

Don't understand why you state the forum is dead? !!

If you scroll down to the Franchi forum, you will notice many, many replies to my question about chokes for the Instinct L.

They were so overwhelming that I had to hire a secretary to reply.

Perhaps it's because none of the other members own an Instinct L and have nothing to add or can't answer your question. I've never had any problems getting answers to questions about the M4 which is what most of the members here seem to own.