Factory Benelli tube or CarrierComp?

Earlstone

Very common question. Carrier Comp is the highest quality and many of us do wait it out.

The steel-verse-Ti debate will never end. Titanium is lighter and corrosion proof; however there is very little difference. All the tubes out there are high quality with the some folks reporting issues with DMW. And the factory tube is hard to make 922® compliant.

Titanium tubes are about 5 ounces lighter than the OEM unit. Plus the aftermarket ones count for 922 compliance. I have both Carriercomp and FFT. Both function as desired. Carriercomp tubes match a little better and have better machining than the FFT.

In the end, it's a threaded pipe.

A threaded pipe that can help you be/maintain compliance with a federal regulation that may/may not land you in prison :)

Just sayin!

When ever this topic comes up I feel the need to chime in, just so you know that I'm still here... for the best quality steel tube... "SOCOMguy". I have a couple of tubes ready to ship. Search here on the forum for discussion and references.

More info and contact at [email protected]

Joe

I got one from you a couple months ago.It indeed is very nice.

Titanium tubes are about 5 ounces lighter than the OEM unit. Plus the aftermarket ones count for 922 compliance. I have both Carriercomp and FFT. Both function as desired. Carriercomp tubes match a little better and have better machining than the FFT.

In the end, it's a threaded pipe.

I can agree with your assessment. The CarrierComp is much better than the FFT. In my case, I wanted teo maintain the weight at the muzzle. As for the 922 compliance parts count, there are several other parts available to ensure compliance.

I bought mine from FFT and it is very very nice and just as I had expected. After examining my full length tube closely ... I cannot imagine how anyone could make one nicer. I'm not saying anyone else is wrong, I'm just saying I have never seen a CC tube in person to compare. I did consider waiting for a CC tube, but didn't see the point of waiting so long when FFT ships theirs out immediately. I saw pics online comparing them side by side, but still saw nothing worth such a long wait. Many report receiving a tax stamp quicker. I did like the thought of getting a titanium tube so that's what I went with and I'm very glad I did.

I don't think you'll go wrong with whatever you choose! You'll love your M4.

Edited by NineInchNails

I would recommend carrier comp, like others said it is by far the best US made tube. And because it's US made it counts toward 922r. I would rather have the part I'm replacing count toward 922r than need to add even more parts. If you go with the benelli tube you can still comply with 922r using a US Follower, geiselle hammer, and US forend like surefire. It gets complicated further if you want a benelli c-stock because you will need one more US made part, which your only option would be trigger or disconnector from freedom fighter tactical, which I am not a fan of.

I find the M4 to be a rather heavy shotgun for its size. It isn't that the weapon is heavy per say, but it slows the ability to swing the weapon from target to target. I notice this issue gets worse when you start bolting on heavy components to the fore of the weapon.

This is one reason I really like the M2.

So so any chance I get to minimize weight up front, I'm all over it even at a price premium. The weight reduction of the titanium tubes basically equates to the number of additional shells held in the shotgun. So basically you're able to add capacity without the weight penalty.

I've never seen a bad full length magazine tube. I have seen a lot of bad magazine extensions on the market. Even the Benelli OEM one I had wasn't that great. So as long as you're buying full length -- you're good to go.