Current wait time for Carriercomp mag tube?

ridesg

I ordered a Carriercomp 7-round mag tube for my Benelli M4 last Tuesday. I got an immediate acknowledgement and thanks, but of course no expected shipment date. Their website says they have made significant improvement in shipping dates, but can anyone give me a better idea of what they are running now? Thanks.

Uh oh...it already sounds like you should have gone somewhere else. If you're wondering, it means you're not one who likes to wait for stuff.:)

That said...I don't think anyone can tell you what you want to know, except them. Any answers given here will be pure speculation and anecdotal like; "well, when I ordered mine"....it was_____which won't tell you anything because that was then and this is now.

I'll do some speculating...I think, (and it's just my opinion formed from what I have read here) is that they don't do this as a full time job, that it is a secondary business, and possibly they only make those tubes when they get a certain amount of orders in. Just my opinion, I have no way of knowing for sure, and I don't know if they have answered the question of the lead times. Have they?

When it comes to the titanium tubes, that stuff can be very hard to get sometimes, and when you buy it, you have to buy a certain amount of it at a time so, that could also be a reason for long lead times.

For me, waiting weeks or longer for a mag tube when there are other options out there is a no brainer, I'll go somewhere else, and I did. But I am an impatient man..I want my stuff NOW.:)

Let us know how you make out.

Edited by Evolution

I don't mind waiting, just wondering how long it might be. I foolishly invested in a Sure Cycle 2X extension that has never taken 7 of anything. But I can get 6 in, so I'm not out of commission. I have read and heard Carriercomp is worth the wait, and don't mind waiting for the "best." Just wondering what the recent experience with Carriercomp has been.

Well, when I ordered mine it was... honestly I can't remember but I can tell you it was worth the wait. As StrangerDanger has posted here before, the Ti weight savings are essentially the same as the weight of the extra shells held in the full length magazine. For me this was paramount in the decision. The finish was a spot on match to my barrel which was not paramount in the decision. The threads were perfect and clean. But as others have posted, it is a metal tube, pretty hard (as a legitimate company) to mess up (as compared to some guy in his basement with a wood lathe and a tree in his backyard to straighten the tube) and you should be fine with just about anything if you don't care about the weight, etc.

Honestly, no idea how to answer your question as to wait time but, for me, it was well worth it.