Steiner Optics Mk7 Battle Light

Retired

Nice idea. Completely eliminates barrel shadow.

There are just a few problems I see with it in the current form (there may be others to point out as well).

1. Switch is too far away. The support hand certainly would be waaaaaaay far forward. The switch is essentially in front of the magazine cap and I'm not sure I can comfortably reach past the cap while in a shooting position. Actually I know I couldn't.

2. Dangerous positioning. If I could reach it, I certainly would not want to put my thumb out there past the working end of the barrel to turn the light on, especially with the adrenaline pumping. Well, just put the switch on the bottom you say... perhaps but what if you need counter pressure to activate the switch? Now your fingers are in front of the barrel...

Both of those could be solved with a remote switch but just by looking at the picture I don't see how one could attach a remote switch as configured.

As far as breeching is concerned, hmmmm... I wouldn't do it with that thing on.

At $185.00 I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.

Right, no tactical advantage in fact more like a tactical handicap.

Nice idea. Completely eliminates barrel shadow.

There are just a few problems I see with it in the current form (there may be others to point out as well).

1. Switch is too far away. The support hand certainly would be waaaaaaay far forward. The switch is essentially in front of the magazine cap and I'm not sure I can comfortably reach past the cap while in a shooting position. Actually I know I couldn't.

2. Dangerous positioning. If I could reach it, I certainly would not want to put my thumb out there past the working end of the barrel to turn the light on, especially with the adrenaline pumping. Well, just put the switch on the bottom you say... perhaps but what if you need counter pressure to activate the switch? Now your fingers are in front of the barrel...

Both of those could be solved with a remote switch but just by looking at the picture I don't see how one could attach a remote switch as configured.

As far as breeching is concerned, hmmmm... I wouldn't do it with that thing on.

At $185.00 I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.

Not anything I would want. When you screw it on, how can they guarantee the threads are going to stop with the switch in the best position for you?

Also, since mine is a full time 10 shot anyway, I'd end up losing a round so it's a no-go from what I see at this point.