new member- ammo and parts question

jeffm

Hello all I am a new member here and about two months ago I bought a benelli m4 anyways a little bit about myself I am going to be 31 in 5 days I have a degree in criminal justice and trying to get on to the police dept.

Anyways I am looking for a little bit of info, first is the extension tube on amazon legal to have (I heard it has to be made in USA to be legal)

Also what are some of your favorite shells? I have heard Winchester and Remington are bad ammo. (I prefer slugs and thinking of ordering a case of federal ammunition slug rounds)

anyways thanks in advance,

Jeff

Anyways I am looking for a little bit of info, first is the extension tube on amazon legal to have (I heard it has to be made in USA to be legal)

Also what are some of your favorite shells? I have heard Winchester and Remington are bad ammo. (I prefer slugs and thinking of ordering a case of federal ammunition slug rounds)

1. Become familiar with 922® compliance. Start here for info: http://freedomfightertactical.com/922r-faq/

2. I've never had any problems with Winchester or Remington shells in my M4 although I've only used them for practice - and a lot of them. Federal (or other brands made by Federal) is what I've always used at work. Winchesters haven't been the cleanest of the shells I've fired but my M4 will fire in essentially any condition so the worst is it takes an extra pass or two to clean it after using the "crappy" shells.

1. Become familiar with 922® compliance. Start here for info: http://freedomfightertactical.com/922r-faq/

2. I've never had any problems with Winchester or Remington shells in my M4 although I've only used them for practice - and a lot of them. Federal (or other brands made by Federal) is what I've always used at work. Winchesters haven't been the cleanest of the shells I've fired but my M4 will fire in essentially any condition so the worst is it takes an extra pass or two to clean it after using the "crappy" shells.

thanks for the info, I will check it out.

Hello all I am a new member here and about two months ago I bought a benelli m4 anyways a little bit about myself I am going to be 31 in 5 days I have a degree in criminal justice and trying to get on to the police dept.

anyways thanks in advance,

Jeff

Yes, check the link provided above. Short answer is; to use a 7 round tube, you need to change 3 parts to USA made. The 7 round mag tube counts as one, the tube follower counts as one, and you can do the forend (hand guard) or hammer to make 3. More applies if you live in a State that allows an collapsable stock, I think.

Where did you get the idea that Win. & Rem. are 'bad ammo?' What is meant by that description? It's BS. I shoot any and all american made ammo, slugs and 00 buck with no probs. I AVOID any foreign made ammo in any caliber except NATO military surplus 7.62X51 for my M14 rifles.

Some is dirtier than others but, it all works flawlessly in my M4.

The only problems that I have read about are posts concerning SOME foreign made shells. FIOCCHI is the one that comes to mind.

I buy whatever is the cheapest online price I can find for american made bulk 00 and slugs.

Edited by Evolution