Taran Tactical replacement carrier

Hardcharger

Wow 22 people and np nice

Ok,.....no experience with it. Maybe that tells you something.

To add to M2_shootr's comment... Those kind of impatient, accusatory, and inflammatory follow ups by the op, especially only 3 hours after the original question, certainly aren't going to make me, and I dare say many people, even with experience with the product, want to reply. SD is just that nice of a guy apparently...

To add to M2_shootr's comment... Those kind of impatient, accusatory, and inflammatory follow ups by the op, especially only 3 hours after the original question, certainly aren't going to make me, and I dare say many people, even with experience with the product, want to reply. SD is just that nice of a guy apparently...

^^^

This.

Notwithstanding that, I haven't felt the need to install one on my M4. I have them on all my other B's except for my SBE. There is a slight difference between the M4 and M1/M2 carrier and I haven't been eager to test it. Plus, the cutout in the leading edge of the M4 carrier is shaped a little differently than the others and I haven't had any thumb-catching issues with it like I did with the others.

I'm curious about this piece. What issue exactly does this part remedy? Does the OEM part bite people's thumbs? I only have one issue concerning the loading of my M4 and it's not the carrier, I think.

It's the extremely sharp edges of the receiver that hurt the sides of my thumb when inserting shells into the the tube. I have large hands but, not huge like say Hickok 45's hands.

I'm assuming that this part does nothing to remedy that?

I'm curious about this piece. What issue exactly does this part remedy? Does the OEM part bite people's thumbs? I only have one issue concerning the loading of my M4 and it's not the carrier, I think.

It's the extremely sharp edges of the receiver that hurt the sides of my thumb when inserting shells into the the tube. I have large hands but, not huge like say Hickok 45's hands.

I'm assuming that this part does nothing to remedy that?

It is supposed to remedy the thumb bite that the carrier can cause because of the front cutout. I have never had a thumb bite from the OEM carrier personally even with stuffing the shells as fast as I can but others have reported losing a nail or skin. I bend the distal joint of my thumb and use the knuckle to push the carrier out of the way while I stuff the shell into the mag tube with the tip of my thumb. The carrier stays out of the way until I remove my thumb completely by pulling it backwards, dragging my knuckle on the carrier until it has cleared the front. No way for me to get bit. Sometimes the method needs to be changed, not the part.

As far as the edge of the receiver hurting you, it sounds like you need to file down the size of your gorilla thumb :-P.

As far as the edge of the receiver hurting you, it sounds like you need to file down the size of your gorilla thumb :-P.

LOL...yea, I just have to get used to inserting the shells with the tip of my thumb on the M4, rather than using the whole pad of the thumb like I can with my 590A1.

The opening in the receiver on the 590A1 is about 1/8" wider than on the M4....makes a huge difference.

Learn how to talk to people instead of insulting people and learn how people really are before Opening up your trash can... or let me sugar coat it for you I was happy to hear no one had any problems with the item. so before you open your mouth about something you don't know what your talking about you need to check your self and take the time to know someone before quick to selling it on the street. with respect Hardcharger Oo-Rah...

I read this thread like three times and still don't know what's going on.

There re are a lot of non members who read this site. Their views count. Very few have experience with the TTI parts. Not until recently did TTI even list that the parts mentioned were even compatible with the M4.

My experience mirrors what M2 said. There is a bit of product bias in people's purchases though. Many refuse to admit that they've been swindled. So they'll hype something they bought. I know I've been guilty of this in the past. You try to overlook the bad and embrace the positive attributes.

I have three M4's. Only one of them has the TTI shell elevator. It is no doubt a better product than the oem unit. It just isn't worth 80 bucks unless you're trying to squeeze out every bit of additional performance you can get. I'd love to get two more, just not 160 bucks worth of love.

I have one in my Australian bound H2O M4 since the owner is the type that wants the best of the best. Currently it is at Robar being NP3 plated along with the rest of the aftermarket and trigger pack components.

As I mentioned before, I have one on mine. The first time I took my M4 out, my thumbnail got cut up pretty bad loading with the existing shell elevator. Call it inexperience or what you will, but I didn't have similar problems with the TTI.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have to apologize for my complete inability to comprehend what I read until I just read it two more times. I now see that Hardcharger was not complaining about a lack of quick response to his question, rather was saying 22 views and no problems reported. I am sorry that I misunderstood and that I was an arse in the process.