Super Black Eagle 2....off center carrier

fikester

I have a SBE 2 with a carrier thats somewhat off center (to the right if the guns upside down) and wiggles somewhat form side to side. The gun so far seems to run fine...but concerns me because compared to other older SBE 2 this carrier is dead center and has almost no side to side play....concerned why this would be somewhat crooked and if this should be a concern?

A little off center is ok with the right handed guns but not good with the left handers. It will cause feeding and loading problems with LH. SBE had the solid aluminum guard and the SBEII has the plastic one. I don't think it holds up as well against the leverage of the longer carrier. It is a bit unsightly too. If the carrier is dragging the receiver any, of course, that's bad.

Yes, it is true most of them are a little off center. No I was not talking about the carrier, I was talking about the trigger guard itself. The SBEII is plastic, the older SBE trigger guard is aluminum. The plastic ones can warp some coming out of the molding process and this is what causes the tile in the axis. Some of it is in where the pin rides and some is in the outside where the carrier sits. Yes it can be fixed and modified correctly, no it's not a simple answer. Tweeking the raised side of the carrier just fixes a symptom of whats happening, it's not a working problem solver.

Spoke to Benelli again today about this concern...gunsmith claims as Beneligunny mentioned the older SBE had metal housing for the trigger assembly where the SBE II has polymer. They claim being off center does not affect the function and as long as the gun does function there is no concern and no need to send it in....only if it should develop an cycling issue. It was also mentioned by the gunsmith that tolerance of the side to side play was from zero to somewhat sloppy...again if it cycles no concern.

It not that I doubt it will be OK...its just bothers me that paying that much for a gun should be gone over with very strict attention to detail?