Ethos, nicks on reciever

Billnapabill

I wouldn't think Benelli would "intend" for the shells to hit the receiver upon ejection. Paid a lot of money for this autoloader and didn't expect it to tear itself up. I have tried other shells, AA, Remington and others............same result. Also have a FTF issue of about 5 rounds in 100. Shells seem to stall at about 1/2 ramp elevation.

Sorry guys, I know you love your Benelli's but this gun and Benelli's response have been a great disappointment to me. I didn't expect them to replace anything at this point. I did expect them to acknowledge a problem and leave the door open for repairs down the line.

Tear itself up? How many rounds have you put through it? I have put 2k+ on my m2 and it looks identical to yours, am I happy with it; no but I would call that wear and tear. It is a pretty firearm but it is still a firearm, what if it was a car, would you be complaining about the stone chips?

You can consider my views as a rant or you can consider it as putting things into perspective.

Many thanks

Shez

I don't think I have ever seen a weapon, other than a safe queen, that is without some form of wear and tear markings on them. Brass hitting ejection ports, slides wearing off finishes, bluing wearing off from drawing and holstering, etc. They are tools and just like tools, when they are used, the have markings of intended use. If you intended to fire the weapon, it will get marks on it from that intended use. If you intended to leave it mark/scuff free, it needed to stay in a safe or the factory box with the intended use of being a safe queen. I see nothing other than normal wear and tear from intended use on that shotgun and not even wear and tear that will eventually affect normal function of the weapon.

I have found that the chances of this type of wear increase if cheap steel case headed ammo is used. It is much harder than brass or the aluminum receiver. Guns that have had nothing but WinAA or Rem STS or Fed Gold Medal show very little or no wear most of the time. So yes, most of this is an ammo issue. There is no tweaking of the extractor that will effect this.

I colored the existing nicks and shot 100 new AA Trap loads then did the same thing with 100 Remington shells. The color was disturbed and new nicks appeared in both cases.

Look guys this ain't paint chips on my car nor am I going to take a file and sandpaper to my nickel plating. As far as getting over it............I'm there. I mean what else can I do, you saw Benelli's response. Pretty much closes the door. Right?

Only thing is.........I'll show and tell everyone that asks........wonder how many guys'll go spend $2000+ after I run into em?