Supersport vs M2 vs SuperEagle II???

Sailtrash

I'm hunting 80% dove, 20% ducks/geese. Looking for a 12ga semi-auto. Not really interested in shooting 3-1/2 shells. Which gun is best between the Supersport , M2 & SuperEagle II??? I was leaning toward the M2 (28"/synthietic)? Also looked at the Cordoba...

Originally posted by Sailtrash:

I'm hunting 80% dove, 20% ducks/geese. Looking for a 12ga semi-auto. Not really interested in shooting 3-1/2 shells. Which gun is best between the Supersport , M2 & SuperEagle II??? I was leaning toward the M2 (28"/synthietic)? Also looked at the Cordoba...

I have shot both the supersport and the M2. I personally own an M2. As to the Cordoba and the SBE I cannot comment. So here is my 2 cents worth;

I would go with the M2 for the simple reason that the barel is not ported. That is the only thing that would keep me from buying the SS or the Sport 2.

I have shot 3 to 4 flats a month through it since August last year when I bought it. This includes upland bird hunting, 16 yard trap, doubles (although only a couple of times), a lot of 5 stand and now sporting clays. I have never had a problem with this gun. The only difference between what you are looking at and mine is that I have the wood stocked version. You can call me old fasioned or what ever but I prefer the wood. I could not tell any difference in recoil between the super sport and my M2 when I shot about 10 rounds through eeach gun back to back as a test to see if the comfortech stock made any difference to me.

What ever you choose you wont be dissapointed.

Mike

The Super Sport is a fine gun but it is definately more of a clays gun then a hunting gun.

The Cordoba is simply a Super Sport that went to the barbeque finishing room instead of the plating and polishing room. (also, the carbon fiber stock on the supersport is not carbon fiber, its the same as the rest with a paint job to simulate a carbon fiber weave.)

The M2 was designed to hunt, and it sounds like thats what your after. It would be my choice in your shoes.

If you want a flashy gun like the Supersport, but in more of a hunting setup the newer Legacy is a good choice and a few dollars cheaper than a Supersport or the Cordoba.