M1014 Stock & Magazine Tube Question

artoffighting

Hello - First post, here.

I'm a relatively new M1014 owner who would like to have the following modifications done:

- Have extra notches milled so I can collapse the stock

- Install a full length magazine tube.

I've done some searching, and I understand some of the difficulties posed by how you will essentially damage the receiver if you attempting to remove either. I'd love to to have a full length magazine tube installed rather than the +2 extension. So in your wisdom, what do you suggest?

- I have not been able to find current information on gunsmiths to modify the stock. Any trusted Benelli gunsmiths out there?

- Think it's worth trying to mill out the Red Locktite'd magazine tube and install the 7 rounder? I understand the current magazine tube will be destroyed in the process.

and lastly:

- Was there ever a BATF letter regarding the stated modifications? The threads discussing it were dated back as far as 2004.

Totally willing to install some US made parts if I have to make a minimum parts count.

This forum has been a great resource when searching for my Benelli so, thanks for all that you've shared. I'm loving my M1014, and I'm sure I'll love it even more once these mods are complete.

Any help is appreciated ~ Cheers!

Welcome!

Changing the mag tube should not destroy the original tube. With heat in the right place the loctite will burn off and the tube can be twisted out. Its a much simpler job than it seems, and there is an excellent picture walkthrough on this site.

In regards to the receiver extension, its not really a simple task. If you are sure you don't have a three notch extension, contact StrangerDanger and see if he is willing to do the work. He has a lot of experience in that area, and all the proper tools.

Good luck with your mods, and happy shooting!

First, read up here regarding the receiver extensions. Your best bet is to replace the existing tube for a new one that has the proper notches in place.

http://forums.benelliusa.com/showthread.php/31588-Benelli-M4-Receiver-Extension-Removal-Reinstallation-Guide?highlight=Benelli+m4+receiver+extension

I have a few of the receiver extensions in stock cheaper than the Benelli parts store if you're interested. Mine are complete assemblies. As you can see, the job isn't for the faint of heart. A good gunsmith should be able to do it. Once my FFL license is in place, I'll accept M4's to do the modifications.

As for your magazine tube, those are easy to replace. All you need is a heat gun. There are several quality aftermarket and factory options.

As for 922® compliance, the general consensus is replacing four parts if using the factory collapsible stock. Most get an aftermarket magazine tube, a magazine follower, geissele hammer, fft trigger, fft disconnector, fft reproduction handguards. Take your pick, or just grab them all.