IC for skeet?

Little Tim

Just got an Affinity for my birthday. Shot a couple of rounds of trap last Saturday with my son, and did well enough to have fun. Now I would like to try some skeet. I heard that you need an open choke, such as a skeet choke. Since I am only shooting for fun and to practice for hunting, not for competition, I really don't want to buy another choke if I don't need to. Will an Improved Cylinder work for skeet?

I picket up a Cordoba for Sporting clay and skeet and had similar questions. The answer I got from the guys at the range said the best way to know is to pick your ammo and pattern the gun with different cokes to see which fits the bill best. If you just out to have fun and just starting they said focusing on technique will have a greater impact than getting caught up in chokes. So I just put in my IC and had fun. For sporting clays I went with an LM choke and don't change. I am working more on technique right now. I know someone with more experience can pick my gun up and outshoot me, tells me there is ground to be made up without getting caught up in other factors.