Dmw oversized safety issues

SHARP1983

Recently ordered a DMW oversized safety for my M4 and received it today along with a ton of other parts. Went and installed it and no matter how hard you try to switch the safety too fire it will not budge. I've taken it apart 3 separate times with the same outcome. Finally said screw it and installed my OEM safety which works just fine. Anyone have any idea as too why it may not work?

Also having fitment issues with the FFT handguards, any ideas on how too fix that?

Recently ordered a DMW oversized safety for my M4 and received it today along with a ton of other parts. Went and installed it and no matter how hard you try to switch the safety too fire it will not budge. I've taken it apart 3 separate times with the same outcome. Finally said screw it and installed my OEM safety which works just fine. Anyone have any idea as too why it may not work?

Also having fitment issues with the FFT handguards, any ideas on how too fix that?

Did you have to make a tool for the safety install? Wondering how you dealt with the spring and pin.

I understand that you have to fit the Hand guards with a file or sandpaper

Can you take a picture of the DMW and the OEM safety side by side so that we can see the center portion of the safeties? The area where the detent engages the safety.

It's possible it was not machined correctly.

While you're at it, take a picture of the handguard fitment issue. Most fitting issues can be addressed with a file or sanding the engagement tabs. Determining where to file is probably the hardest part.

I finally got the safety too work. Went ahead and installed it again, added some grease and took a hammer and lightly tapped it free and then spent about 1/2hr just working it back and forth. Seems to work just fine now. I'll get pics of the handguards tomorrow and let you see.