M4 Side Saddle

ls1camz28

I haven't owned my m4 for very long but a couple hikes with the slung m4 has me reconsidering the aluminum Mesa Tactical side saddle/rail. It is a solid product, but it does add some bulk to the m4. Good for keeping some extra shells on the gun at home, not so great hiking through the woods. If I carried this more often, I'd definitely switch out the aluminum side saddle for one of the velcro-backed ones.

_DSC1665_zpsutuho4x7.jpg

_DSC1656_zpsctrw95ot.jpg

several threads on this if you search but I have the Asgard. I like that it replaced the factory rail that some had issue with and the saddle can be removed. For several years I used my shot gun for more than just defense, like sporting clays, so being able to remove it is nice.

I have several Sidearmor/Asguards and love mine. I don't happen to use them anymore since I'm using the Scalarworks RMR rail, but Asguard makes an awesome product. Be careful with any other options that only use top rail screws because its possible to damage the screw holes in the aluminum receiver

I got the mesa tactical for my supernova...it's nice but my only complaint is that damn rubber tension thing wears out and the shells loosen over time

My side saddle has a nylon (?) shaft (for lack of a better term) that can be replaced when it wears out, they even sent a spare with my order.

• 2 weeks later...