new m4 assembly

filthy phil

You can do all the work yourself using the picture guides from this site. The mag tube swap is seriously a 2 out of 5 on the difficulty scale. All you need is a heat gun and some patients. There are lots of people here to ask if you need help on anything.

The ammo you bought will function fine but if you haven't shot it yet get a few boxes of cheap full power loads and shoot those first to break it in. Run the gun wet - lack of lube will cause more issues than ammo.

Enjoy the gun and good luck with your upgrades.

Agreed with black_dog. The mag tube swaps are really easy. I had a guy bring his over to my shop a month or so ago for the swap since he refused to try. He had to drive like 2 and a half hours. When he got here, I made him do the work with the heatgun, and we unscrewed it in like 5 - 8 minutes. He was like, "That's it??!"

Changing your own oil is a 100x harder than this job. The heatgun is cheap and you can't really hurt anything with it.

I will say the newer M4's have thread locker that is a little tougher to break. It just takes longer and would probably suck if you didn't have a vice.

Your rounds should work fine, I would also break it in first with some cheap high brass rounds like #4 birdshot. Or that Remington buckshot Walmart sells.

Agreed with black_dog. The mag tube swaps are really easy. I had a guy bring his over to my shop a month or so ago for the swap since he refused to try. He had to drive like 2 and a half hours. When he got here, I made him do the work with the heatgun, and we unscrewed it in like 5 - 8 minutes. He was like, "That's it??!"

Changing your own oil is a 100x harder than this job. The heatgun is cheap and you can't really hurt anything with it.

I will say the newer M4's have thread locker that is a little tougher to break. It just takes longer and would probably suck if you didn't have a vice.

Your rounds should work fine, I would also break it in first with some cheap high brass rounds like #4 birdshot. Or that Remington buckshot Walmart sells.

Yeah i got some of the rem 00 buck

Thanks

Shoots great but the 3" here was a bit stout

2afyfb7.jpg

Shot at 7, 20, & 50 yards. The latter with.the 2 3/4

Didnt get all shot on paper. Might just be me but it will.be interesting to see how the fed flight control patterns.

Does the collapsible stock offer equal recoil absorbtion?