TaranTactical Extended Carrier- M2 can't load shells?

Wesjr

:confused: Hello, Just installed the Benelli Accuguide Extended Carrier and now can't get shells to go into the magazine. If I pull the bolt back and let the carrier go higher than the shells go right in, but with the bolt forward all the way the carrier lip prevents shells from going into the magazine. Any help??

First of all, make absolutely certain that the bolt is fully forward and the locking head has completely rotated in-battery. An out-of-battery bolt/locking head, even just a tiny bit, will prevent the carrier from rising up enough to completely clear the magazine. Don't ride the bolt forward. Let the recoil spring send it home under its own power and then check to make sure the head has rotated fully. Then try to load it.

If there's still a problem, compare the OEM carrier to the TT. They should both have the same profile. The only differences I'm aware of are the finish and the fact that there's no cut-out on the front of the TT carrier to catch your thumb as you push the shells in. It's always possible that a bad one got by their QC.

Tried again, the bolt is fully forward and the locking head was completely rotated in-battery. The profile is different. There is no cut out, plus the last 3/16 of a inch on the TT carrier is bent downward (away from bolt) slightly (not quite 1/8 inch.

Yeah, that's about right. With the loading port facing up, push the carrier all the way down (toward the bolt). Does the leading edge (that bent downward part) clear the magazine tube completely? When the bolt is fully in battery, the protrusion on the upper right side of the carrier goes into a corresponding groove on the bottom of the bolt body. There may be an issue with that interface that isn't allowing the carrier to fully go up to clear the mag tube. That protrusion on the carrier may not be lining up with the groove on the bolt for one reason or another. You could check for that as well. Beyond that, I'd call TT and see if they have any advise.

I've got 5 guns with the TT carrier and no issues. I've had pistol mag extension issues here and there and they've always been great about correcting any problems.

Thanks for the help. No the leading edge of the bent part doesn't clear the magazine tube completely. Yes the one side of the carrier that goes into the bolt groove is lining up and going in the groove. to me it looks like the leading edge of the carrier (the bent downward part) is bent a little to much. I've fill out the contact form (for TT) twice and haven't received a reply yet.

The carrier lip will need to be bent up a little to properly fit your gun. It is easy to do. cut a block of wood to just fit inside the carrier and hold it in a vise. Place the carrier on the block of wood and hold down with your hand while tapping the bent lip to straighten it out. Reinstall and all will be good. I have done many of these for sporting clay shooters using the Benelli Super Sport.

• 5 years later...
On 6/13/2016 at 4:44 PM, truckcop said:

First of all, make absolutely certain that the bolt is fully forward and the locking head has completely rotated in-battery. An out-of-battery bolt/locking head, even just a tiny bit, will prevent the carrier from rising up enough to completely clear the magazine. Don't ride the bolt forward. Let the recoil spring send it home under its own power and then check to make sure the head has rotated fully. Then try to load it.

If there's still a problem, compare the OEM carrier to the TT. They should both have the same profile. The only differences I'm aware of are the finish and the fact that there's no cut-out on the front of the TT carrier to catch your thumb as you push the shells in. It's always possible that a bad one got by their QC.

Thanks for the help truckcop!  I was having the same problem when trying to load the magazine without having one in the chamber.  Once I let the recoil spring send it home, I was able to load the magazine easily.