Newbie and carriercomp bolt knob question

Arrior

Hi guys,im new here and with the shotgun.i just bought an m4 coz of all the shotguns i compared it with, i still go back and really wanted the m4 so i decided to get it...like they said "buy once, cry once".just wondering if i can still get the carriercomp bolt knob?im getting the "dg" tube kit but was trying to wait for kips reply if they will have the bolt knob too,so i can order it together.i have emailed them 3x but no reply yet.i have read some other guys have it but its not on the website right now.thanks in advance.

Edited by Arrior
wrong letter

When I bought mine, which was quite a few years ago, they were about $55. I would expect them to cost more than that when they start making them again. Last month, Kip sent me this update:

We have been battling with some health concerns, but we are still working on sourcing out part of the work so we can add them back in. If you are on Facebook we have a Carriercomp page, and we will post updates like that there, if not, just keeping checking the store.

Hope that helps.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

TTI stainless gets my vote if carriercomp cannot be found, which is never. I bought a carriercomp unit back when they sold them in like 2012. They are indeed excellent. I've tried to buy others from people, no one will give one up. I imagine a bunch of neckbeards are petting them in the dark calling it their precious. Carriercomp knobs must be made of mythril or something.

TTI stainless gets my vote if carriercomp cannot be found, which is never. I bought a carriercomp unit back when they sold them in like 2012. They are indeed excellent. I've tried to buy others from people, no one will give one up. I imagine a bunch of neckbeards are petting them in the dark calling it their precious. Carriercomp knobs must be made of mythril or something.

I offered 3 peck of Hen's Teeth for one and had zero takers...

That tells ya somethin'

• 3 weeks later...
I had no idea it had been that long...

Really puts things in perspective.

Yeah man. It really sucks he stopped making them, but not only that his mag tubes take like 2-4 months to arrive AFTER payment first. I've also been wanting to buy his rail, but of course it's not available.

Carriercomp top rails are nice. I find the FFT version to be just as good. They're almost an exact copy of one another. I find this type of rail system to be a bit dated though. Most users are going with either a RMR or a Aimpoint T1 type optic. There are better optic specific rail options out there for those optic choices.

You'll end up with a sight plain that matches the iron sights by using either a Scalarworks rail or a MI Aimpoint mount. Unless I had goals to mount some obscure optic or a NOG/Thermal device to the top of the M4, I don't see a point in them anymore other than cosmetics.