Kind of New Guy on here

markd

Although I joined this forum a few years ago, I didn't buy my M4 until just a few months ago and have not been on here until recently. I only have one other shotgun which is a Winchester O/U. I have about 200 rounds through the M4 without any problems. I did clean and oil it well before I shot it, as recommended on this forum. I've been doing a lot of reading and trying to learn as much as I can about the M4 on here. One thing I learned for sure is patience. If you want "the" mag tube, it will take 3-4 months, if you want "the" light mount, they are in production = waiting list etc. etc. Certainly a lot different then buying accessories for a Glock or an AR. Anyway, I'm very happy with the M4 and look forward to getting to know people on here and maybe contributing something along the way.

markd

Welcome back. The M4 is a great platform. You will enjoy it.

Waiting for parts is not isolated to M4 parts. If you are a firearms enthusiast, you will have things on backorder constantly. I have had backorders from Brownell's take over a year before I finally got my parts. It's just the nature of the firearms industry today. Which is good because it means more enthusiasts are discovering how fun the shooting sports can be.

Mike

Yep, plus the parts seem very limited. I'm going to send my Trigger group to Briley next week for a Hammer, trigger and disconnecter to make my gun 922r compliant. I wanted the Surefire forend to be tacticool but they discontinued them. I'm also considering the scalarworks bor/Rmr mount with Rmr. These guns are awesome, but the parts availability is just meh...

Vortec MAX: I know that parts can be difficult to find on other platforms too, but I think the M4 is a fairly modest portion of the overall market, compared to the AR for example, which has interchangeable parts between manufacturers. It makes sense that the manufacturers would make parts for the larger markets before considering what looks to be a somewhat limited market with the M4. Just my impression.

Lrdchaos: I also looked at the Briley Trigger group. They seem to be the only one that have the parts. Which length of pull are you going to get? When I was on their site, I didn't see anything about 922r or even a mention of their stuff being USA manufacture. Did I miss something?