New guy from Texas first Benelli/ need help

Nicholasw

Hey guys I just recently bought a benelli super nova 12g with a 24" barrel. I want to use the gun for dove hunting/ skeet shooting. Have yet to shoot the gun yet and won't be able to until the weekend. But what do you guys think about using the 24" for bird hunting? It's it going to make a big difference compared to a 28" barrel? Going to try out the different chokes to. I have read it's all about the choke you use, the shorter barrel just effects transitioning. I am new to chokes considering my other 12g is a 1968 Remington 1100 with a fixed full choke. Thanks for the help

Edited by Nicholasw

No, the shorter barrel will have no effect on the effectiveness of the gun. As you read, shotgun barrel length is more of a personal preference in terms of how the gun handles and points. Personally, I prefer the shorter lengths. For my yearly visit to SD for pheasant hunting, my guns have 21 inch barrels. Kills them just fine. I shoot skeet and sporting clays on a weekly basis with those same guns.